Gibson Brands Forums

never felt so ill- worried

Guest Farnsbarns

Guest Farnsbarns

I've been feeling rough all weekend. Late last night I began to realise I feel like I did when I was attacked last year (severe concussion/bleed on brain) today I can barely stand, I feel nauseous, dizzy, have a headache (actually 3 distinctly separate headaches). I also have, let's say a reason to stay near my toilet facilities though.

I'm considering going to hospital but I don't want to do that if it's a virus and end up infecting a ward but it is a bit worrying.

Hello Farnsbarns!

I tried to PM You, but Your mailbox might be full.

Since these symptoms are present for a couple of days now, and they remind what You felt during concussion, You should visit a doc urgently. However these symptoms can be connected to many things, I'd go to a neurologist first. Tell Him/Her that You feel exactly as You did when You had concussion.

Ask for a friend's/family member's assistance!

Get well!

Best wishes... Bence

I've been feeling rough all weekend. Late last night I began to realise I feel like I did when I was attacked last year (severe concussion/bleed on brain) today I can barely stand, I feel nauseous, dizzy, have a headache (actually 3 distinctly separate headaches). I also have, let's say a reason to stay near my toilet facilities though.

I'm considering going to hospital but I don't want to do that if it's a virus and end up infecting a ward but it is a bit worrying.

You need to listen to your body and see a doctor! Don't worry about infecting others - put on a mask and get it checked out.

See your doctor. These symptoms can be so many different things, most of which are simple and non-life-threatening...

I had similar symptoms when I found I had high blood pressure. I actually ended up getting Vertigo before the doctors found my blood pressure nearing stroke levels and began to treat. Sadly I had a alergic reaction to some of the meds at first that gave me the exact same symptoms and I ended up living with Vertigo for nearly a full year. It was very debilitating and prevented me from doing many many activities I was used to doing including simple chores around the house. i could not climb a ladder and every now and again I would have to immediately sit down or I'd end up falling over...

Thankfully, after a full year of that struggle we found I was allergic to one of the meds I was on and when we switched meds it was like someone shut off a switch on the symptoms and my Vertigo immediately subsided never to return and I went back to a full healthy life doing everything I had ever done before that I had trouble doing with the Vertigo...

The doctors can get you thru these things! Sometimes it can take some time, but if you stick with them and give them the opportunity to treat, you can get right past these things!

I suspect in your case it's nothing serious, but the doctors can get you back on track faster than you'll get there on your own!

Good Luck!

BTW, my blood pressure is so good now I don't even worry about it! It took nearly 10 years to get it to normal healthy levels, but we're there now with consistency and stability. I also was diagnosed with Type-2 Diabetes in 2012, and I'm doing so well with that too that they almost considered me cured. My A1C is hovering under 6 @ 5.6 - 5.9 and my bloodpressure is a steady 120/80 without fail and usually even lower often 110/70 when I exercise more...

The doctors can do right!

Guest Farnsbarns

I thought it was sensible to call the NHS and get some advice. They told me I needed to see a doctor urgently. Having just moved I called our local doctor who basically said no chance, I haven't registered with them. I called my old doctor's surgery who were only interested in telling me off... I shouldn't have called the helpline while they were open, I should have called first thing, etc etc. I called the helpline back and they said call an ambulance. Not really wanting to do that I called my doctors again and they've set up an appointment this afternoon.they're quite far away and I have no idea how I'm going to get there.

Sigh, I despair at what is happening to the NHS. Imagine telling someone who's just told you they can't stand to visit a "walk in centre" 20 miles away. We have headlines every week about idiots who've rung ambulances for headaches and I'm beginning to see how that happens.

I'm waiting for my wife to call me back. If she can't come home to take me I'm going to have to go to hospital this evening in stead.

Hi,

Don't play with your health, I know it may sounds easy to say, but I don't like hospital either but now that I am father, I have to think not only about myself anymore.

I wish you the best.

Al

Guest Farnsbarns

Well that was a right pain but having got my wife to come home from work and take me to the old (pre move) doc it seems they are concerned that this might be neurological. In order to refer me to a neurologist I had to come all the way back and register with the local doc and then I can call tomorrow and see when I can get an appointment.

I came down with a sinus infection over the weekend. I drove down to the clinic Sunday morning. Walked straight in, saw the dr and had my prescription in hand in less than an hour.

Get better FB! Don't let's the bastards keep ya down!

Guest Farnsbarns

Does not sound good at all from what you have said. "Never felt so ill"......

I've always found a bit of hypochondria works for me.

I have to assume this post wasn't intended as it reads?

I have to assume this post wasn't intended as it reads?

Er [unsure] ...yes...probably better to be worried than not is what I meant.

Best wishes for a complete and speedy resolution.

That's it exactly.

Same advice here. I know more real doctors than I can count (my wife calls me a pseudo-doctor; guess Ph.D.'s don't count!). I have no doubt that they would all give the same advice. One of my friends is the CEO of one the most successful insurance companies in the country. He's also a great doctor. He feel down off his bike once and was a bit woozy. He went straight to the emergency room. Don't mess with anything. If your body is telling you something is wrong then most likely it is.

Archived