Gibson Brands Forums

Deleted Posts

jasonhoese

Hey guys, I have had a couple of my videos that I posted deleted for some reason. Anyone know why or have any ideas? I want to make sure I don't do whatever it is that is causing them to get the axe. My most recent one was just a cover of a Chuck Berry song - not sure there is anything inappropriate that I know of. One other that was deleted was an original song I wrote and I know there was nothing inappropriate about that one.

Thanks in advance.

Jason

Jason, your post was dumped in "Your Acoustical Performances." You know, that thread where very few people frequent. Aside from appeasing a couple of major crybabies, I think that is a lousy thing for the mods in here to do. The crybabies were/are upset because most of us are not professional musicians and our "art and craft" don't measure-up to their standards. For a while, here recently, videos seemed to be okay again, but someone must have turned-on the tear faucets again.

Jason, your post was dumped in "Your Acoustical Performances." You know, that thread where very few people frequent. Aside from appeasing a couple of major crybabies, I think that is a lousy thing for the mods in here to do. The crybabies were/are upset because most of us are not professional musicians and our "art and craft" don't measure-up to their standards. For a while, here recently, videos seemed to be okay again, but someone must have turned-on the tear faucets again.

Interesting. I'd think the simple response to a video not being up to one's standards - and for me that includes a lot of well-paid professional wankers - would be to hit "stop."

P

Thanks Larry, I now see that it got moved which does stink! I myself never go in there either. That's too bad they have to be moved there.

Interesting. I'd think the simple response to a video not being up to one's standards - and for me that includes a lot of well-paid professional wankers - would be to hit "stop."

P

That really is a good way if you ask me [biggrin]

I'm assuming that a crybaby must have privately done some weeping in a mod's ear. No more complaints were publicly made, but from my experience cowards try to stay hidden once they've been exposed. Of course, maybe no one complained again and the mods want to isolate videos also. Either way, I think blindboy has a good point: who the hell wants to hear what a Gibson sounds like in the hands of someone like us? It might sound like one of those guitars that regular people are interested in.

Of course, everyone loves to disagree in here, but I have always felt like this......"Post what you want to post, write what you want to write, love or hate any guitar you want to love or hate, and express what you want to express, add the videos you want to add." .... If the cry babies can't handle free speech, let them move to a communist nation. Mods should be used only for removing threatening, violent language and behavior. These forums...all of them are stifling because they are smothered with apologies and tender worded phrases, and oh so careful not to step on another's toes, like ridiculous children. Every word must be counted and softened, every video must be evaluated and moved, every complaint about a guitar company's quality problems are taken as a childish assault. I swear, there are more cackling hens in here than in a hen house. And the mods often cluck the loudest.

While we're on a roll with this thread-----The primary crybaby [crying] [crying] hardly ever posts anything, yet that is the attitude that is catered to. Doesn't make sense to me....What a waste of a once great home for people who are near-fanatical about Gibson acoustics. I think people like Jason, Anne, Sal, myself and so many of the rest of the folks in here are perfect examples of the kind of folks who are drawn to Gibson guitars. If the average Gibson acoustic owner isn't good enough to post a video in the Acoustic area, they deserve at the very least an entire section of the forum where each and every performance is given it's own thread instead of being dumped.

I've never been accused of being too tactful, so I won't start now. I think the dumping of videos made by Gibson owners who are attempting to show themselves and their Gibson instruments is like spitting-in someone's face. Just buy the damn instrument and go show it off somewhere else seems to be part of the attitude. People who are proud of their Gibson instruments, who argue for Gibson on other forums, who highlight their Gibson instrument to the public are relegated to a thread this a literally a cluster-fLuck of videos. A thread where there is no continuity and everything is primarily dumped-into the same place. If I'm looking for a video it's unlikely I will find it easily. And if I find it, the comments on it (if there are more than 1-3 of them and there's likely not because we all know that thread is the trashcan) are scattered over numerous pages of other information having nothing to do with the information I'm looking-for. When I post a video of a song using one of my Gibsons, I appreciate comments on my song as well as the guitar itself. Sorry I'm not good enough for some people, mods included, but I think I'm fairly representative of the typical person who buys a Gibson instrument from a store where Gibson sells their guitars. I play at "live" events, at home, in church, at festivals, and at wine vineyards and my Gibsons are seen by lots of people. No, I don't play arenas. Not good enough, but I do buy Gibson guitars and I bet that people like those of us in here buy vastly more guitars than the pro performers that some want to hear. I'm not knocking the talents of the pros, but I buy Gibson instruments too and I'm in this forum. They're not in here.....I wonder if anyone knows what Henry J. thinks of all this, if he's aware of it. I'd like to think he'd say something like, "Good God, man. These are the people that buy our guitars. Let the world hear them." But, who knows?

Of course, everyone loves to disagree in here, but I have always felt like this......"Post what you want to post, write what you want to write, love or hate any guitar you want to love or hate, and express what you want to express, add the videos you want to add." .... If the cry babies can't handle free speech, let them move to a communist nation. Mods should be used only for removing threatening, violent language and behavior. These forums...all of them are stifling because they are smothered with apologies and tender worded phrases, and oh so careful not to step on another's toes, like ridiculous children. Every word must be counted and softened, every video must be evaluated and moved, every complaint about a guitar company's quality problems are taken as a childish assault. I swear, there are more cackling hens in here than in a hen house. And the mods often cluck the loudest.

Guitar Light….lol….amen brother…amen!!

I must agree with M.P. here….not only do I enjoy when others post their songs on the main acoustic page, (and it takes guts to put your stuff up!! More courageous than to flame a member with so called scathing criticisms, and then take down your own lets say, interesting music samples) but I really enjoy hearing a guitar played by one of us!! The Gibson forum group. We can chat and joke and discuss specifications til the cows come home, but it is really nice to hear other styles of play, and new songs and also with respect to the purity of the Gibson Forum, great to actually hear some of these new acoustic models, which our local store doesn't carry anymore, and to hear them in, what I would call, "real life" conditions rather than the controlled studio presentations from Wildwood and Music Villa, and others ( I appreciate them too, just less slick production from our own members) I would join other's in a petition to have the mods stop transferring member's music into the land that time forgot called "Your Acoustical Performances" That is like sending your vid to the black hole of Calcutta….never to be seen again. I think the problem here is the word "Performances" When I ever upload a vid to Youtube or here, I never consider it a performance????!!!!! Just sharing my guitar and some of my favorite songs. I did this one vid, NOT as a performance, just to show off a pretty unique guitar that a lot of folks have not seen before. Still one of my favorites, and I actually like it better than some of the L-2 flat tops i've played. Just a unique sound….I'm just a hobby player, this is NOT a performance, so I would never think to put it in "Your Acoustical Performances"…lol…any way….enjoy…until it gets moved or edited!!

I must agree with M.P. here….not only do I enjoy when others post their songs on the main acoustic page, (and it takes guts to put your stuff up!! More courageous than to flame a member with so called scathing criticisms, and then take down your own lets say, interesting music samples) but I really enjoy hearing a guitar played by one of us!! The Gibson forum group. We can chat and joke and discuss specifications til the cows come home, but it is really nice to hear other styles of play, and new songs and also with respect to the purity of the Gibson Forum, great to actually hear some of these new acoustic models, which our local store doesn't carry anymore, and to hear them in, what I would call, "real life" conditions rather than the controlled studio presentations from Wildwood and Music Villa, and others ( I appreciate them too, just less slick production from our own members) I would join other's in a petition to have the mods stop transferring member's music into the land that time forgot called "Your Acoustical Performances" That is like sending your vid to the black hole of Calcutta….never to be seen again. I think the problem here is the word "Performances" When I ever upload a vid to Youtube or here, I never consider it a performance????!!!!! Just sharing my guitar and some of my favorite songs. I did this one vid, NOT as a performance, just to show off a pretty unique guitar that a lot of folks have not seen before. Still one of my favorites, and I actually like it better than some of the L-2 flat tops i've played. Just a unique sound….I'm just a hobby player, this is NOT a performance, so I would never think to put it in "Your Acoustical Performances"…lol…any way….enjoy…until it gets moved or edited!!

onewileywolf...I say amen to you too! ...Now pass the wine bottle! msp_scared.gif P.S. Loved your youtube video performance, and your guitar is great!msp_thumbup.gif

While we're on a roll with this thread-----The primary crybaby [crying] [crying] hardly ever posts anything, yet that is the attitude that is catered to. Doesn't make sense to me....What a waste of a once great home for people who are near-fanatical about Gibson acoustics. I think people like Jason, Anne, Sal, myself and so many of the rest of the folks in here are perfect examples of the kind of folks who are drawn to Gibson guitars. If the average Gibson acoustic owner isn't good enough to post a video in the Acoustic area, they deserve at the very least an entire section of the forum where each and every performance is given it's own thread instead of being dumped.

I've never been accused of being too tactful, so I won't start now. I think the dumping of videos made by Gibson owners who are attempting to show themselves and their Gibson instruments is like spitting-in someone's face. Just buy the damn instrument and go show it off somewhere else seems to be part of the attitude. People who are proud of their Gibson instruments, who argue for Gibson on other forums, who highlight their Gibson instrument to the public are relegated to a thread this a literally a cluster-fLuck of videos. A thread where there is no continuity and everything is primarily dumped-into the same place. If I'm looking for a video it's unlikely I will find it easily. And if I find it, the comments on it (if there are more than 1-3 of them and there's likely not because we all know that thread is the trashcan) are scattered over numerous pages of other information having nothing to do with the information I'm looking-for. When I post a video of a song using one of my Gibsons, I appreciate comments on my song as well as the guitar itself. Sorry I'm not good enough for some people, mods included, but I think I'm fairly representative of the typical person who buys a Gibson instrument from a store where Gibson sells their guitars. I play at "live" events, at home, in church, at festivals, and at wine vineyards and my Gibsons are seen by lots of people. No, I don't play arenas. Not good enough, but I do buy Gibson guitars and I bet that people like those of us in here buy vastly more guitars than the pro performers that some want to hear. I'm not knocking the talents of the pros, but I buy Gibson instruments too and I'm in this forum. They're not in here.....I wonder if anyone knows what Henry J. thinks of all this, if he's aware of it. I'd like to think he'd say something like, "Good God, man. These are the people that buy our guitars. Let the world hear them." But, who knows?

Thanks for the rant, saved me quite some typing!

1402945621[/url]' post='1531131']

nailed it. The ones buying the guitars are idiots like me. And maybe you. But why please us?

That is it in a nutshell, MP.

But it appears the ones complaining have been banned, but the vids and sounds are still consigned to the B.O.G. section (Bad. Ordinary. Guitarists.???)

BluesKing777.

Sorry, but I'm not one of the cowards, MP, nor one of the crybabies Guitar Light. And have not complained to any moderators about this ( oner any other "issue") still, I don't see the harm in organizing what gets posted under the "acoustic" umbrella so that performances, some of which are not Gibsons, some of which are not guitars, some of which are YouTube performances from non-members... Get organized (as opposed to "dumped") in an easy to find place within this forum.If it's not visited as much as this main forum, maybe that's because there is less interest, I get the impression some of you all put your socks in the same drawer you keep your underwear and tee shirts. And salad forks and spare flashlight batteries. This is not a Big Deal. If we have a separate sub-section for pins, saddles, etc. we certainly can for performances. Let's just move on and drop the name calling negativity, shall we?

Sorry, but I'm not one of the cowards, MP, nor one of the crybabies Guitar Light. And have not complained to any moderators about this ( oner any other "issue") still, I don't see the harm in organizing what gets posted under the "acoustic" umbrella so that performances, some of which are not Gibsons, some of which are not guitars, some of which are YouTube performances from non-members... Get organized (as opposed to "dumped") in an easy to find place within this forum.If it's not visited as much as this main forum, maybe that's because there is less interest, I get the impression some of you all put your socks in the same drawer you keep your underwear and tee shirts. And salad forks and spare flashlight batteries. This is not a Big Deal. If we have a separate sub-section for pins, saddles, etc. we certainly can for performances. Let's just move on and drop the name calling negativity, shall we?

Perhaps not... but are you one of those judgmental name calling guitar forum trolls in here???....No??? ....eusa_liar.gif

I'm assuming that a crybaby must have privately done some weeping in a mod's ear.

Agreed MP....[thumbup]

[lol][lol].....I can only wish it was THAT easy to 'affect' change in politicians and government.... I mean it TAKES MONEY TOO...?/?!!.! ](*,)

fortyearspickin, I haven't mentioned your name on anything. In fact, I didn't even think of you when I originally answered Jason's questions. If you thought "coward" was directed at you, that's your issue, not mine. If this subject isn't a big deal to you or is of little interest, that's not an issue either. Maybe do what's been suggested in regards to threads we are not interested in: move on to something else, but that's your decision, not mine. I don't take part in a lot of threads because I'm not interested in the topic or maybe I don't like what's being said. However, some of them are big deals to the participants. ......And I think a special section for member videos would have a lot of interest. For myself, I think the "less interest" you refer to only applies to a very small handful of people. But even then, those people are free to read and take part in whatever thread they choose or they are free to totally ignore it. //////I'm no more than am amateur singer/songwriter/performer who plays Gibson guitars and you and everyone else is free to view or not view any video I might post. I like promoting my Gibsons. I think I have some great guitars...... I haven't and wouldn't attack you. However, to me, this kind of thread is a big deal. Seeing other forum members actually playing their guitars makes this a better forum. It cuts through the anonymity of the internet and gives us an idea of just who we are communicating with under the names of "missouripicker" or "fortyearspickin." That kind of exchange of information makes for a more personal and friendly forum and fewer people hiding behind a variety of names and causing problems. I see people who I learn from and people who can learn from me. Like others in here I now communicate with people outside of this forum, but this forum remains for now the primary place we meet. This kind of thread is a big deal because a lot of people who own Gibsons like to feel that they and their guitar have been noticed and that there is some value in what they are doing and they are part of something important to them that is tied directly to Gibson. Certainly, some of it is an ego thing, but that's because we are humans. I'd like to see lots more videos of people playing their Gibsons, especially people who haven't quite got the nerve yet to "get out there" and do it. It takes guts, especially at first. All the videos can only encourage people to take a look at Gibsons.

fortyearspickin, I haven't mentioned your name on anything. In fact, I didn't even think of you when I originally answered Jason's questions. If you thought "coward" was directed at you, that's your issue, not mine. If this subject isn't a big deal to you or is of little interest, that's not an issue either. Maybe do what's been suggested in regards to threads we are not interested in: move on to something else, but that's your decision, not mine. I don't take part in a lot of threads because I'm not interested in the topic or maybe I don't like what's being said. However, some of them are big deals to the participants. ......And I think a special section for member videos would have a lot of interest. For myself, I think the "less interest" you refer to only applies to a very small handful of people. But even then, those people are free to read and take part in whatever thread they choose or they are free to totally ignore it. //////I'm no more than am amateur singer/songwriter/performer who plays Gibson guitars and you and everyone else is free to view or not view any video I might post. I like promoting my Gibsons. I think I have some great guitars...... I haven't and wouldn't attack you. However, to me, this kind of thread is a big deal. Seeing other forum members actually playing their guitars makes this a better forum. It cuts through the anonymity of the internet and gives us an idea of just who we are communicating with under the names of "missouripicker" or "fortyearspickin." That kind of exchange of information makes for a more personal and friendly forum and fewer people hiding behind a variety of names and causing problems. I see people who I learn from and people who can learn from me. Like others in here I now communicate with people outside of this forum, but this forum remains for now the primary place we meet. This kind of thread is a big deal because a lot of people who own Gibsons like to feel that they and their guitar have been noticed and that there is some value in what they are doing and they are part of something important to them that is tied directly to Gibson. Certainly, some of it is an ego thing, but that's because we are humans. I'd like to see lots more videos of people playing their Gibsons, especially people who haven't quite got the nerve yet to "get out there" and do it. It takes guts, especially at first. All the videos can only encourage people to take a look at Gibsons.

Well said again MP....My respect and friendship go out to you! You are' spot on' to my feelings in this.

I really think this dialogue is a "teachable moment".

It would be about 'societal' trends manifestiing into 'social forums' !

To think that a 'few' whining crybabies could upset the 'apple-cart' of the majority...and affect 'change'.....Very Profound! ....if you should take a minute to think about it?

.....between strums, of course><<>> we DO have our priorities.

Archived