Gibson Brands Forums

Deleted Posts

jasonhoese

I can really see both sides of this story (which is really rare for me to do [biggrin]). I don't see much prob. with member posting video's of playing at all ( I'm too lousy so my hat's off to any that can really play). Also, I can see having a easy to locate folder so to speak, to have those hang out when you want to go & look them over. What would be wrong with posting "hey, I just put up a song on the (fill in the blank) forum page?" Then you could catch someones eye and if they are interested we could go find & listen easy. If not interested, then skip it.

Aster

One long thread sucks and makes no sense. I've stopped posting for that reason.

Perhaps there should be one long sticky thread called "Off topic non-guitar and non-Gibson content post here" as well?

I haven't seen this forum so busy that it's difficult to find where you've left off, but I do check every couple of days.

As for the crybaby, I only remember two and so far neither has shown up.

I'm fine with one big forum, as long as we keep this one the acoustic one. I've never had any problem skipping the video posts I don't have time for at certain times. As long as everyone labels their post correctly.

Pass the bottle over this way.

MissouriPicker -- No, I didn't for one minute think you were thinking of me when you posted earlier on. I just wanted to declare up front, since I was taking an opposing view, that I was not one of the folks who went to the administrator to get something done. I greatly appreciate all your posts - and for that reason - also value your opinion on this subject.

GLight, a careful reading of your post

" Perhaps not... but are you one of those judgmental name calling guitar forum trolls in here???....No??? .."

is actually amusing.

to translate it - "are you one of those name calling trolls?"

So - you are calling me a name calling ...name !

(Can I have your permission to use this quote in my signature line?)

In conclusion, I just posted my earlier comment to point out the possibility that moving all 'performance' type posts one small click away might not be as illogical and heavy handed to some here as it seems to others.

I don't have a dog in this fight: I don't post performance clips and I don't watch them. And, except where they are disguised with a mis-leading title - I don't open them.

The only real concern I have with this forum is the 'disappearance' of so many long time contributors.

Peace Out. Jim

MissouriPicker -- No, I didn't for one minute think you were thinking of me when you posted earlier on. I just wanted to declare up front, since I was taking an opposing view, that I was not one of the folks who went to the administrator to get something done. I greatly appreciate all your posts - and for that reason - also value your opinion on this subject.

" Perhaps not... but are you one of those judgmental name calling guitar forum trolls in here???....No??? .."

is actually amusing.

In conclusion, I just posted my earlier comment to point out the possibility that moving all 'performance' type posts one small click away might not be as illogical and heavy handed to some here as it seems to others.

I don't have a dog in this fight: I don't post performance clips and I don't watch them. And, except where they are disguised with a mis-leading title - I don't open them.

The only real concern I have with this forum is the 'disappearance' of so many long time contributors.

Peace Out. Jim

This is probably the most amusing hypocritical post of all. msp_thumbdn.gif You start out by mentioning my name and MP's name, connecting them both to insults, for no reason at all, and out of the blue, then suddenly, that's not your fault! Bitterness must run deep in your life. ...Make the Gibson forum a better place. Drink some wine and play your guitar. Now you just settle down and have a nice day. ...You do have my permission to do that! Lighten up! Nobody hates you, including me. ....Besides, holding grudges can shave 10 years off your life! Heck it's probably killed off half the people in here far too soon! ohmy.gif

is actually amusing.

Peace Out. Jim

can I ask (and there's no argument from me , each to their own) why you wouldn't listen to musical posts ?

and GL , relax a little dude

Personally I like having one forum to look at, and to be able to pick and choose what posts to open. I like that's it's an acoustic forum; that's what I'm interested in. Beyond that, let all posts in as far as I'm concerned.

If I don't think I'd be interested, I pass. If I do think I'm interested and find out I'm not, I move on. If I don't want to listen to a performance, I don't. If I think I might like it and find out it doesn't appeal to me, I hit stop. Seems pretty simple to me.

Jason, see what you started with a question?...LOL......It's all good guys and gals. Time to play some music.

I know what you mean! Didn't think it would become this for sure. I'll be back to the porch this weekend,hopefully.

Archived