Gibson Brands Forums

Arrow Oak build almost there

Rabs

So heres that Arrow neckthrough build that ive been working on..

I always knew this would turn out slightly weird... and mostly down to the height I will have to set the bridge at because I made a mistake when I took a few mm off the top... Plus I added the mahogany bit in the middle as I mucked up the pickup routing a bit.... BUT I aint gonna waste it so here we are (however strange :)).. See what you reckon..

DSC_0001_zpsc9719f68.jpg

DSC_0003_zps6a776dcf.jpg

DSC_0005_zps05db3bda.jpg

DSC_0007_zps5595d7ef.jpg

DSC_0008_zps0e919104.jpg

DSC_0010_zps9f3cf68f.jpg

So, I should finish that tomorrow barring anything odd happening.. and you may get video no2 :)

Lookin' good Rabs.

Cheers man... the one thing I cant wait to find out is how it sounds.. Ive never played an oak guitar before, or used those types of pickups.. It should be pretty interesting :)

Has anyone here played an Oak guitar before?

Cheers man... the one thing I cant wait to find out is how it sounds.. Ive never played an oak guitar before, or used those types of pickups.. It should be pretty interesting :)

Has anyone here played an Oak guitar before?

Should sound "Heavy". Maybe use it for Heavy Metal. [flapper]

I like the peghead!

It will be interesting to find out how comfortable it is to play with the strings being so high above the 'deck'.

As someone who spent most of my life playing Strats - where the strings are only around 10mm higher than the top - that one might feel a bit odd.

Looking forward to the demo and report!

[thumbup]

P.

Archived