Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Tony Gwynn

Aster1

Just read that the great Tony Gwynn from the Padres lost the battle to cancer today. Guy's like Tony, Cal Ripkin Jr., and several others really are the "white hatters" for sure. Treat the fans with love & respect, love the game for the game (not just the $$$), are grateful for what they have achieved, and are humble along the way.

Class act Tony. Show them what you can do on the celestial team now. You earned the right in my book!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Rest in Peace & God Bless you & family

Aster

Just read that the great Tony Gwynn from the Padres lost the battle to cancer today. Guy's like Tony, Cal Ripkin Jr., and several others really are the "white hatters" for sure. Treat the fans with love & respect, love the game for the game (not just the $$), are grateful for what they have achieved, and are humble along the way.

Class act Tony. Show them what you can do on the celestial team now. You earned the right in my book!! [thumbup] [thumbup] [thumbup]

Rest in Peace & God Bless you & family

Aster

+1... class act. real shame. i grew up watching Brooks& Frank Robinson, Micley Mantle ... that era. Tony was as great as any of the greats

Tony Gwynn was a great baseball player.

His stats are seemingly unsermoutable. In the last 20 years of the 20th century Gwynn was the greatest ball player.

Cancer took him way too soon. Chewing tobacco is bad stuff. If you're hooked on it, better quit.

I know the entire San Diego area is mourning his loss today.

I remember watching the Friars play the Cubs for the Nat. League champions in the 4th game I think. Just about had a heart attack it was so exciting. What a battle! Some of my Fav Padres were Tony G & Big Dave Winfield (then Yanks) & Ozzy Smith (then Cards). Loved to see them play. And all nice guys to boot.

Aster

Archived