Gibson Brands Forums

FAVORITE QUOTES

Karloff

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Don't take technical advice about cold fusion from someone who can't spell 'fuzhun.'" - Anonymous (Not sure where I first read this)

"Call me a rube and a hick, but I’d a lot rather be the man who bought the Brooklyn Bridge than the man who sold it” - Will Rogers

"He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone at her." - Jesus

"If at first you don't succeed -- Don't try sky diving." Anonymous (From FB)

From one of my favorite authors:

“THE EDGE, there is no honest way to explain it because the only people who really know where it is are the ones who have gone over.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

“If you're going to be crazy, you have to get paid for it or else you're going to be locked up.” ― Hunter S. Thompson

It's not the fall that hurts, it's the sudden stop at the bottom - My dad

It makes a lot of logical and metaphorical sense.

'Man goes to bed with itchy bum, wakes up with smelly finger' - Confucious :D

Both in my sig line, but to save you fellow oldies from squinting:

Yesterday is history, tomorrow's a mystery; live for today - the late Carroll Shelby

If you obey all the rules, you miss all the fun - Katherine Hepburn

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro." -Hunter S. Thompson

"What do you mean, 'It's disgusting!'? I haven't even taken my clothes off..." -Woody Allen

On You Bet Your Life, Groucho Marx asked a female contestant how many children she had. When she replied, "Twelve!" Groucho said, "I love a good cigar, too, but occasionally I take it out of my mouth!"

"Religion is what keeps the poor from murdering the rich." -Napoleon Bonaparte

"I was once trapped in the wilds of Africa without a corkscrew. I was forced to live on nothing but food and water for days." -WC Fields

"Let's get down to brass tacks... How much for the ape?" -Hunter Thompson

Living on Earth may be expensive, but it includes an annual free trip around the Sun.

Physics is not a religion. If it were, we'd have a much easier time raising money. - Leon Lederman

The older I get, the better I was.

"The important thing, I think, is not to be bitter. You know, if it turns out that there is a God, I don't think that He's evil. I think that the worst you can say about Him is that, basically, He's an underachiever." [Woody Allen]

“It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble. It's what you know for sure that just ain't so.” Mark Twain

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." Will Rogers

"There are three kinds of men. The one that learns by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence for themselves."

Will Rogers

About Gen X & Y

"I've never seen so many, know so little, about so much!" me (doesn't apply to the young'n's I've posted with or read around here however)

"I can remember way back when a liberal was one who was generous with his money." — Will Rogers

Aster

Good judgment comes from experience, and a lot of that comes from bad judgment." Will Rogers

Similar, but can't remember where I got it:

Experince is what you get when you didn't get what you wanted.

As Marie Antoinette was being led to the guillotine she accidentally stepped on the foot of her attendant executioner and said;

"Pardonnez-moi, monsieur; je ne l'ai pas fait expres." which translates as "Pardon me, Sir; I didn't do it on purpose."........

P.

"It's like deja vu all over again" - Yogi Berra

Yes ! one of my favorites...

"When you come to a fork in the road, take it " - Yogi Berra

"No one goes there anymore, it's too crowded" - Yogi

" Man, that was a wrong mistake " - Yogi

Archived