Gibson Brands Forums

FAVORITE QUOTES

Karloff

Yeah/no but....

I think maybe a better one is the Lennon line which I think comes from 'Beautiful Boy' -

"Life is something that happens while you're making other plans"......or similar

msp_thumbup.gif

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"Be the person your dog thinks you are."

Not sure where I heard it but I like it.

I've seen a similar version that says "Lord, let me be half the person my dog thinks I am". Not sure where it started, but I think all of us dog owners get the message, no?

Several of my faves are...... I used to wish I could sing...now I wish you could. Its the little stuff that keeps you out of the big time. Its on there... you'll find it. I've just washed my hands and can't do a thing with them. I had a shirt like that... then I got a job.

I've seen a similar version that says "Lord, let me be half the person my dog thinks I am". Not sure where it started, but I think all of us dog owners get the message, no?

I've always liked that one too. True for me and my wish as well.

Aster

Just a few, of many:

"Those who cannot remember the past, are condemned to repeat it!" George Santayanna

Variation: (Those who ignore history, are condemned to repeat it!)

"No one can make you feel inferior, without your consent!" Eleanor Roosevelt

"I got blisters on my fingers!" Richard Starkey, AKA Ringo Starr

CB

"I got blisters on my fingers!" Richard Starkey, AKA Ringo Starr

CB

When I was about 6 years old, my cousin told me he was shouting "I got bloodstains on my fingers!" This was also around the time of the Manson murders and the whole Helter Skelter tie-in. Really freaked me out as a child!

Guest EastEnder

"Yeah, see?" - Edward G. Robinson

Perfect.

That's great. I can see him now — "Yeah, ya can dish it out, but ya can't take it anymore!" (Or was that Cagney?)

What's some of your favorite quotes, from anyone, about anything ... I'll post some of mine after hopefully a few responses

"it ain't over till it's over" The great Yogi Berra.

"it ain't over till the fat lady sings" Ralph Morgan

Archived