Gibson Brands Forums

3 in a row tuners

blindboygrunt

When I got my J45 I swapped the kluson tuners for grover open backed sta-tites. lovely tuners. can't fault them. BUT I miss the white buttons. I was rash and got the chrome ones.

am looking at white tuners and am inclined toward the three on a plate ones.

I know that stew mac etc offer the best choice. does anyone know of a UK stockist ? am just trying to avoid the month long wait from posting from the US.

or , any tips to make the klusons ,that are standard on j45s , less .... clumsy / sticky ?

thanks folks.

I can't remember who it is has the gorgeous aged nickel waverlys 90 their guitar. can they step forward.

I just replaced the Antique Acoustics 3-on a plate tuners on my J45TV with the waverly ivoroid knob tuners. As much as I liked the look of the Antique acoustics, they were stiff and a few strings were very difficult to tune. I gave them more than a year and tried the tri-flo oil and everything, but never felt that they came close to the waverlys on my martin d-28....so I finally broke down and went for the waverlys on the J45...the J45TV is my main guitar so I am more concerned with function rather than being period correct.

I just replaced the Antique Acoustics 3-on a plate tuners on my J45TV with the waverly ivoroid knob tuners. As much as I liked the look of the Antique acoustics, they were stiff and a few strings were very difficult to tune. I gave them more than a year and tried the tri-flo oil and everything, but never felt that they came close to the waverlys on my martin d-28....so I finally broke down and went for the waverlys on the J45...the J45TV is my main guitar so I am more concerned with function rather than being period correct.

I just got done touring the small Waverly factory, splendid place. They said to NEVER oil your tuners because it is not necessary, and attracts microscopic dirt.

Any comments on the golden age restoration tuners mentioned by little Johnny ?^^^

Doesn't say who makes them. If they are like the "Stewmac" brand......don't know who supplies Stew mac either(Kluson?) Not a fan of them. Looked nice, but were not easy to turn(gears not smooth), but they did fit without re-drilling. I'd make sure they are Waverly........

Doesn't say who makes them. If they are like the "Stewmac" brand......don't know who supplies Stew mac either(Kluson?) Not a fan of them. Looked nice, but were not easy to turn(gears not smooth), but they did fit without re-drilling. I'd make sure they are Waverly........

Thanks. I was , wrongly it seems , assuming that for £95 , I'll repeat that - £95 , I would get a decent tuner. good grief.

Thanks mister.

Archived