Gibson Brands Forums

5 dead Musicians as holograms

xkimo

Folks,am I of an age whereby I just do not see the necessity / validity of wishing to see my favorite performer,ELVIS "live" on stage as a hologram?

What is it ? There is the question posed on the homepage,gibson.com of the five performers people would most like to see perform as a hologram.

My own thought is that this is somewhat ghoulish.Last month,here in Las Vegas a "resurrected" Michael Jackson "performed" as the audience wept profusely..Ghastly I say..

What next?So will the "Zombie" crowd wish to see Elvis walk out of Gracelands' 2nd floor loo like he obviously did NOT on that sad August 16 1977.Or will we que to see Jim Morrison's hologram arise from his death throes in Paris?

Personally,my own videos',records,tapes,cds'will suffice.

I realize the progress,but to this old dawg,this just don't hunt.

"Is there anybody out there"? Pink Floyd-Dark side of the moon.

Folks,am I of an age whereby I just do not see the necessity / validity of wishing to see my favorite performer,ELVIS "live" on stage as a hologram?

What is it ? There is the question posed on the homepage,gibson.com of the five performers people would most like to see perform as a hologram.

My own thought is that this is somewhat ghoulish.Last month,here in Las Vegas a "resurrected" Michael Jackson "performed" as the audience wept profusely..Ghastly I say..

What next?So will the "Zombie" crowd wish to see Elvis walk out of Gracelands' 2nd floor loo like he obviously did NOT on that sad August 16 1977.Or will we que to see Jim Morrison's hologram arise from his death throes in Paris?

Personally,my own videos',records,tapes,cds'will suffice.

I realize the progress,but to this old dawg,this just don't hunt.

"Is there anybody out there"? Pink Floyd-Dark side of the moon

it is odd, like the episode of the Sopranos, where the actress that played Tonys mom had passed away in real life, but through previous footage and computers, they added her to a couple scenes ...

Hmm, I don't really have much issue with it...

Just think of it as the next evolution of video and computer graphics... we all know that it wont be the same as real person interacting with the music and the audience BUT its not like deadly serious, its all just entertainment..

If people end up not liking it cos its too weird, they will stop doing it.. its probably just more of a fad at the moment.

Archived