Gibson Brands Forums

Idle Hands are The Devil's Workshop

RevDavidLee

Bought this today online from the GTRSTORE on Ebay.

Special_Edition_Custom_Telecaster_FMT_HH_RW_AMB_IC091113391_1.jpg

SPECS:

Color: Amber

Body Material: Mahogany

Top Material: Flamed Maple

Fingerboard Material: Rosewood

Fingerboard Inlay: Oversized Abalone Dots

Neck Material: Set Mahogany Neck

Neck Shape: Modern C Shape

15 3/4" Radius

Scale Length: 25.5"

Frets: 22

Nut Width: 1.625"

Bridge/Tailpiece: 6-Saddle Strings-Thru-Body Tele® Bridge

Neck Pickup: Seymour Duncan SH-1N RP '59 Reverse-Polarity

Bridge Pickup: Seymour Duncan SHPGP-1B Pearly Gates Plus

Electronics: Vol, Tone, 3-Way Toggle

ADDITIONAL INFO:

Cream Colored Top Body Binding, Oversized Abalone Dot Position Inlays, Matching Painted Headstock, Graphite Nut

Made in USA

I have an American Deluxe Tele already but this one just spoke to me. I am out of control people. [blush]

Lord have mercy... that's a stunning guitar [thumbup] :) (preachin to the Rev)

That's a big radius it has (or small as it were) , almost flat... How does she play and sound? We demand clips if your going to give us all bad GAS ;)

That's a bit of Class - and then some - Rev!

[thumbup]

Is it just a 'trick of the figure' on that angle or is there a slight top-carve to the Tele?

I see it says there is a 'Matching painted headstock'. What does that mean, exactly? Is it amber-finish flame maple too - or simply Amber Finish?

I can't help feeling that a guitar of that class needs covered p'ups but I know that's just Me!

Enjoy Life to the Fullest, Rev! You are doing us all proud!

eusa_clap.gif

P.

I am out of control people. [blush]

I thought I had it bad but....the Champ speaks. Again.

Unquenchable, magnificent and my own GAS is hardly a sniff by comparison.

Another beauty, congrats....hey Rev - if you need any help playing these things, well...you know [biggrin]

Really beautiful guitar

One of the nicest I have seen in a long time.

Enjoy!

If you can, please post how it sounds.

Well I would love to post how it sounds but since I purchased it on Ebay I have no idea yet. My Fender Lonestar Strat has one of those Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates humbuckers in the bridge position however and it is one of my favorites so I'm pretty dang sure it will rip it up on the Telecaster too.

Here's the link to the Ebay listing of the guitar I purchased so you can see more photos of it [drool]

http://www.ebay.com/itm/161322270942?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

That's a bit of Class - and then some - Rev!

[thumbup]

Is it just a 'trick of the figure' on that angle or is there a slight top-carve to the Tele?

I see it says there is a 'Matching painted headstock'. What does that mean, exactly? Is it amber-finish flame maple too - or simply Amber Finish?

I can't help feeling that a guitar of that class needs covered p'ups but I know that's just Me!

Enjoy Life to the Fullest, Rev! You are doing us all proud!

eusa_clap.gif

P.

It's a carved top my friend! [thumbup]

See the Ebay link for your question about the headstock [smile]

Gosh...I really wish you hadn't posted that link, Rev. I didn't realise how ridiculously reasonable that babe was priced......[scared]

I was thinking it would be a Fender Custom Shop special at around 4x that much!

They don't ship to the UK but like a fool I went online to see if they are available over here - and they are!

Not quite as ridiculously reasonable as they are there but not too bad at all.

As Snoopy would say; "Curse You, Red Baron!".........lol!

Seriously!

A set-neck(!), AAA-flame carved-top, bound neck, bound body, a pair of SD Pearly Gates p'ups with coil-split...etc...etc...

](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

I'm not going to give in................

P.

It's not flat boarded Bro - it's a carved top :)

I think he may be talking about the fretboard radius :)

Usually Fenders are like 9.5" or something silly.. this one is flat by comparison.

Well the guitar arrived today. It was amazing it got here in one piece as it was the most poorly packed I have ever seen in all my years of buying stuff online. As well, the seller lied to me about the country of origin. Before I bought this guitar I had sent a message to the GTRSTORE asking very specifically "Is this guitar Made in the USA"? The response was "Yes made in USA".

When I unwrapped the guitar just now I immediately looked at the headstock and it says "Crafted in Indonesia". The guitar is being returned for a full refund immediately. I have no issue with guitars not made in the USA as you all know that pay any attention to my posts that I recently purchased a Bedell Kenny Loggins signature parlor guitar that was made in China and a D'Angelico EXL-1 that was made in Korea. These are the only 2 guitars I own that are not Made in the USA. The difference is I knew that fact before I purchased them.

I replied to the email that the seller had sent prior to purchase that says "Yes made in USA" and told him to email me a return shipping label and arrange for pickup of the guitar asap and why I was returning it. Now when my Fender case arrives from American Musical I will have to return that as well since I now no longer have a need for the case. The seller either "lied" or "didn't know what the heck he was talking about" which means he should not be in charge of replying to customer emails. I am very disappointed and am not even going to play the guitar because it's going back. Not pleased with being jerked around here. Won't buy from them again as they just threw away their credibility. Sighhh.

Have a great weekend everyone! :mellow:

Archived