Gibson Brands Forums

Would you do this with a premium Gibson????

onewilyfool

There are obviuosly different kind of people living arround and I am NOT that kind for sure.

Rent a guitar????????blink.gifblink.gifblink.gif

I don't give my guitars be touched by my best friends!!!!!!!msp_mad.gif

My guitars ARE MINE!

msp_sneaky.gif

I rented a guitar for a week during vacation a few years ago. I think I paid $25/week to Milano Music in Mesa, AZ. Granted, it was not a Hummingbird but a Seagull S6. Nice little guitar and perfectly adequate for my purposes at the time. Milano, as a music store, had a well-established process with rental agreement. Renting school band instruments is a big part of the business for many general purpose music stores.

An individual renting an apparently well-loved high-end Gibson is another story. This guy is pretty daring. I'll give him that.

Well, he shows a touching faith in human nature that he thinks the first person taking it isn't going to immediately disappear without trace, but I'm not sure I would be quite so trusting...

I've lent out expensive guitars before - my ES355 went been on tour without me a few years back, my L-00 was used for a album last year and one of my Fyldes has been on loan to someone all this year - but it's always to people I trust, and I do it on the understanding that even with the best care in the world bad things can happen. But the idea of guitars sat round not doing anything bothers me more than the slight risk of something going wrong.

Well, he shows a touching faith in human nature that he thinks the first person taking it isn't going to immediately disappear without trace, but I'm not sure I would be quite so trusting...

I've lent out expensive guitars before - my ES355 went been on tour without me a few years back, my L-00 was used for a album last year and one of my Fyldes has been on loan to someone all this year - but it's always to people I trust, and I do it on the understanding that even with the best care in the world bad things can happen. But the idea of guitars sat round not doing anything bothers me more than the slight risk of something going wrong.

I had an inquiry to rent out two of my never played Excellentes for a local gig from a former rock star who said his own were just too valuable to use for this event. At least I gave him a polite NO

Moose

There's folks who rent out Chevies and Pontiacs. There there's folks that rent Corvettes and Porsches. To rent a 'Vette or Porsce, the owners do a more thorough background check.

It takes all kinds. Honesty... I think the rental fee is more in the Chevy range. Might be an idea for Guitar stores, to rent out an axe like this for those who are on the fence on a make or model.

If the guy loves his HB so much you'd a thought he would have stipulated that he goes with it......I've been hard up for money before but I'd pickup returnables roadside before I'd consider renting out either of my Gibsons.

Archived