Gibson Brands Forums

High , J-200 standard Low, This looks like a nice J-35 in N. CA….

onewilyfool

I think the market on a used J-200 in good shape supports the $3,000 level. They are 4 or 5 grand off the shelf, no?

Dan, I usually see the standards in the SFO/Bay Area go for around $2500 used, and a Koa J-200 model sold for $2400 a year ago, If I hand't had one already I would have snapped that one up!!!…and even at that, they spend a long time on the Craig's list shelf…..What do the used ones go for in your area? I know you recently sold your D-18A, one just sold here for $3600, (I missed it!) and another is on the shelf for $4400, he will wait a LONG time for that!…….historically, the sell for around $3500, and that is a tough sell on CL……market is still soft. I think that J-35 is priced well, and will disappear pretty quickly

Dan, I usually see the standards in the SFO/Bay Area go for around $2500 used, and a Koa J-200 model sold for $2400 a year ago, If I hand't had one already I would have snapped that one up!!!…and even at that, they spend a long time on the Craig's list shelf…..What do the used ones go for in your area? I know you recently sold your D-18A, one just sold here for $3600, (I missed it!) and another is on the shelf for $4400, he will wait a LONG time for that!…….historically, the sell for around $3500, and that is a tough sell on CL……market is still soft. I think that J-35 is priced well, and will disappear pretty quickly

Truth is OWF is that there are very few quality used guitars for sale in my neck of the woods. As far as the D18 As, there are extraordinarily few on the market, if you can find them at all, very reasonably a $4,000 guitar in my eyes, if you find one. J-200s in good shape compete against the new price of $4,000 to $5,000, depending on model, etc. So I believe used prices in the $2,500+ range are realistic. That being said it really depends on the sellers level of moving the instrument.

Archived