Gibson Brands Forums

Electro Harmonix B9...GAS!

Ryan H

How many keyboard players does it take to change a light bulb?

None,they have guitar players do it now! [biggrin]

cool effect my keyboard playing is beginner at best even though I know the notes and chords,both hands have trouble doing seperate things (practice,practice). This could solve the problem,gotta try it.

Oh sweet Jesus! I must have this. I was sold even before the two outputs, but with that feature (and two amps) it's like having an organ player there to double your lines, but he shuts up with the click of a button! [biggrin]

This thing sounds absolutely incredible...and street price of between $220-$250. Keyboard players, weep.

Thanks Ryan, you cost me a fortune the last couple of weeks between this and your Pedaltrain thread.

This is the most expensive forum I've ever been a member of.

In all honesty Ryan, I want to thank you for your knowledge.

I'm sure I'll be immensely happy when everything arrives.

-Mike

Thanks Ryan, you cost me a fortune the last couple of weeks between this and your Pedaltrain thread.

This is the most expensive forum I've ever been a member of.

In all honesty Ryan, I want to thank you for your knowledge.

I'm sure I'll be immensely happy when everything arrives.

-Mike

Glad i could contribute to your GAS! :P

-Ryan

I saw this a few days ago, but have been sick and forgot about posting it. I think its incredible. I just wish there were organs in country music now...LOL It might be a great effect on the steel also.

I bet it sounds really interesting if someone in country music plays with this with a B-Bender axe!

Not sure it's a must-have for me, but I do find these interesting...

I foresee a lot of keyboard players in bands being issued their walking papers once guitarists start buying these incredible pedals up....just being just a little bit facetious of course.When I got the email from E-H I wasn't expecting anything earth shattering,I was fully expecting to hear something that vaguely sounded like a cheesy cheap combo organ from the '60s or even like an old Hohner Melodica,but when I heard the first notes I came very close to having to change my shorts.This pedal has to be the most incredible effect that Mike Matthews and company have come up with yet. I can't get my head around how they were to emulate the actual sound of a B-3 with an analogue circuit,it just blows me away.I would imagine that few of Mike Matthews competition doubt his genius with effects after the development of this pedal.This certainly will save a lot of musicians the bother of having to lug around keyboards such as we used to do and that was just for the sake of 4 or 5 songs a night tops.

Unless the price of a Firebird VII drops to $500,one of these puppies will be at the top of my Christmas list...that is if I can hold out until then without putting it on my plastic.The beauty of being able to send the guitar and organ signals to different amps really adds to the versatility of this pedal and will certainly make it sound like there is one more musician playing that those who are on stage.

I can't get my head around how they were to emulate the actual sound of a B-3 with an analogue circuit,it just blows me away.

It's a digital circuit. A polyphonic pitch shifter with added modulation

What impresses me is the tracking of chords with the pitch shifter. That's amazing. It sounds good but I don't think it will be replacing any serious keyboard players

When I initially heard about this and watched the demo I clicked on that link on Musicians Friend to "Notify Me when this item is in stock" and I'm still waiting. Used to have a Roland ready strat with the GR-33 synthesizer which I toyed with for a couple years then sold both on my local craigslist. It was a lot of fun at first but then realized for the type of music we were playing at the time - it wasn't getting used all that much. The EHX B9 however will be much more useful to me at this point and I love the fact that one doesn't need to have the special GK-2 pickup or any Roland ready guitar to enjoy this one. Definitely will purchase one when they become available. [thumbup]

I use a Hammond XK-1. Sure, a pedal is nice, it is cute, it is pretty cool. But you can practice keys enough to get through whatever song you are working on fairly quickly. Nothing does a B3/Leslie like Hammond does, and knowing another instrument is always a plus in your own studio.

rct

Archived