Gibson Brands Forums

Thinking of doing a pickup swap, looking for feedback

pwrmac7600

Not literally looking for feedback, but feedback from anyone who may have this combo in their les paul.

I was thinking of setting up one of my les pauls to be a blistering metal monster and I am debating throwing in some 496R and 500T...

Any one have this setup and care to express how you feel about it, and try to describe how it sounds?

Any input is appreciated.

Don't know much about them myself other than they appear to be the highest output American-made Gibson humbuckers on the charts.

782216GibsonChart.jpg

I don't have any experience with them myself. I do think the recent Flying-V's were coming with them. You may want to just search for Demo's on YouTube by those pickup models and see what you get. I bet there's someone else with them in a Les Paul that has put a demo up...

Don't know much about them myself other than they appear to be the highest output American-made Gibson humbuckers on the charts.

782216GibsonChart.jpg

I don't have any experience with them myself. I do think the recent Flying-V's were coming with them. You may want to just search for Demo's on YouTube by those pickup models and see what you get. I bet there's someone else with them in a Les Paul that has put a demo up...

Thanks, output wise i knew what they did, which is what made me look at them, I am just curious about tonal characteristics, I had a set once way back in an explorer I had, but that's a different animal all together. and can't really remember how they sounded because it was the only guitar I ever owned with them, and I only owned it a very short time, and did not play it much because it was so damned huge.

Archived