Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt AJ-45ME - VSS

mgrasso

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just saw the guitar listed on UK websites for around £440 which I think would be about $675

Seems a reasonable price - time to start saving [thumbup]

Thomann have it listed at £360, don't know if the price will go up when they have it in stock(Although the Dr 500 is exactly the same price now it's in stock as it was when they were waiting for the order so i doubt the price will go up). A few weeks ago they had an estimated time of delivery but that seems to have vanished since then.

Thomann have it listed at £360, don't know if the price will go up when they have it in stock(Although the Dr 500 is exactly the same price now it's in stock as it was when they were waiting for the order so i doubt the price will go up). A few weeks ago they had an estimated time of delivery but that seems to have vanished since then.

Nice one Pete - that's a great saving and I've bought from Thomann before who are excellent - I don't think anyone would be taking a chance buying this guitar without playing it at that price - especially as Thomann have a no quibble return policy - brilliant.

I put my order in with Thomann in early Feb. I've been watching the price fall (that's because the euro is falling against the pound) since I ordered it. I have a feeling that Thomann will increase the price if the euro continues to fall - the prices must start in US dollars on the wholesale market - although Thomann must have a lot of clout when it comes to buying. They have a Gibson J15 priced at £863.07 today but that was only £774 2 days ago. Prices are rising it seems. I bought a Squier Classic Vibe Tele recently from Thomann and at a really good price and that went up by £30 within days of me getting it. But as the man says they have a no quibble 30 day returns policy.

I put my order in with Thomann in early Feb. I've been watching the price fall (that's because the euro is falling against the pound) since I ordered it. I have a feeling that Thomann will increase the price if the euro continues to fall - the prices must start in US dollars on the wholesale market - although Thomann must have a lot of clout when it comes to buying. They have a Gibson J15 priced at £863.07 today but that was only £774 2 days ago. Prices are rising it seems. I bought a Squier Classic Vibe Tele recently from Thomann and at a really good price and that went up by £30 within days of me getting it. But as the man says they have a no quibble 30 day returns policy.

I hadn't even looked at the price in £ before the other day just that the Euro price was stable(it's been just under 500 Euros since i first spotted it). Seems a little unethical that Thomann would up the £ price to anything that isn't reflected by the exchange rate. Like you said, i'm sure their prices are based on the Dollar/Euro rate and prices in other currencies should surely flow from whatever the exchange rate is between the Euro and that other currency. However, your examples seem to scoff at my thought process. Unethical companies, who'd have thunk it :) I take it you get charged whatever the price is when they get the item in stock rather than the price that it's at when you order it? A lot of music companies seem to drop the price to trade when they don't have stock. Can they then up that price once they get the stock unless they have a pre-order price guarantee?

I just looked at the euro/dollar exchange rate and it has moved from about 0.8 euro to the dollar to 0.9 euro to the dollar during the last year, with a sharpe decrease in the value of the euro to the dollar just lately. This reflects the situation with the euro to the pound in the last few months. So prices will and obviously are rising in Germany. The price of the Masterbilt AJ-45 ME at Sweetwater in the USA is $599 - currently at Thomann it is 497 euros. That's a ratio of 5/6ths which should be more like 9/10ths, according to the euro /dollar rates, and that would be 540 euros. Thomann are usually a few pounds cheaper that UK retailers, where the Masterbilt AJ-45 ME is currently priced at £439. At current exchange rates pound/euro that would be 584 euros. In short, I reckon that means that the AJ-45 will go up at Thomann if their prices follow the usual reduction on UK prices. So if I do get the AJ-45 from Thomann at their current advertised price I will save £78 - that's a case!! Sorry if this is a bit complicated - I understand it!!!

From ZZounds email.

"Thanks for your email<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;"><br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">We are expecting to have more available to ship out on the 15th. We<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">will likely receive the shipment a few days prior and post dates that<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">we can actually ship them out to pre-orders. The dates are provided by<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">the manufacturer and are subject to change on their end, so we cannot<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">guarantee them. Many times the item will arrive prior to the estimated<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">delivery date. We post these dates expecting the delivery by then,<br style="color: rgb(34, 34, 34); font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size: 12.8000001907349px;">however we are still at their mercy."

I dont like the first sentence, "more available"? Seems like response from someone who does not know this has yet to be released......

db

I can't wait for the reviews on this thing...

Yes - I keep looking on youtube and scanning the guitar mags but up to now there is no sign of it. Thomann still have 8 April as the date they are due there. Has anyone asked Gibson/Epiphone?

This is from my salesman at Sweetwater

" Looks like that guitar is coming in the mid june currently. Would you like me to get your name on one?"

So it appears the Zzounds website is either wrong and a nice way to get people a false belief or its just a simple mistake.

Mid-June it is.....

db

Archived