Gibson Brands Forums

Masterbilt AJ-45ME - VSS

mgrasso

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

As truly excited as I was when this guitar was first announced, after the crud I dealt with on my Gibson J200 sound hole preamp (detailed somewhere in the Gibson acoustic forum under someone else's complaint about short battery life), I will never again buy any guitar with a sound hole preamp, or anything else that is actually glued (or mis-glued) to an acoustic guitar's body other than bracing.

• 2 weeks later...

Thomann in Germany now have a date of 25 May for the AJ-45ME being in stock. For the last week or so there was no date given. Is this progress, or just another teaser?

Yesterday evening I almost bought a Gibson J-15 but stopped at the Paypal site when I saw the commission charge for sterling to euro. I'm getting another bad case of GAS

Thomann in Germany now have a date of 25 May for the AJ-45ME being in stock. For the last week or so there was no date given. Is this progress, or just another teaser?

Yesterday evening I almost bought a Gibson J-15 but stopped at the Paypal site when I saw the commission charge for sterling to euro. I'm getting another bad case of GAS

Hard to say. They had an estimated date before and then it vanished so your guess is as good as mine. I can't remember the date they advertised before but i'm pretty sure it was either April or May.

Hard to say. They had an estimated date before and then it vanished so your guess is as good as mine. I can't remember the date they advertised before but i'm pretty sure it was either April or May.

I'm asking Santa as it could easily be Christmas before we see the mythical beast!![confused]

Here's a thought (or two)...

Don't announce new models to the public until a few weeks before they're going to actually be available for purchase!

Or...

Don't announce "new for Spring 2015" at NAMM if it's really not going to be available for purchase until Summer or Fall!

the release is scheduled for spring/summer so why wouldn't they announce it at Winter NAMM? also, it wouldn't be a smart business decision to make anything and announce it's release weeks before. what if it didn't sell? how would you gauge the demand?

and I missed the "new for Spring 1995" at NAMM. were these re-issues of guitars Epiphone made in '95? :)

the release is scheduled for spring/summer so why wouldn't they announce it at Winter NAMM? also, it wouldn't be a smart business decision to make anything and announce it's release weeks before. what if it didn't sell? how would you gauge the demand?

and I missed the "new for Spring 1995" at NAMM. were these re-issues of guitars Epiphone made in '95? :)

Oops...haha...I'm living in the wrong decade! OP edited.

They were announced at NAMM (winter) that they were new for Spring, when in fact they aren't going to be available until Summer or Fall. If they want to announce early, that's fine, but be real about when they will truly be for sale.

Oops...haha...I'm living in the wrong decade! OP edited.

They were announced at NAMM (winter) that they were new for Spring, when in fact they aren't going to be available until Summer or Fall. If they want to announce early, that's fine, but be real about when they will truly be for sale.

I'm not so sure about this being "fact" since we are only a few days into spring.

I'm not so sure about this being "fact" since we are only a few days into spring.

Spring is in the air - da da de da da daaaa Spring is in the air la la la la la laaaaaaaaaaaaaa - And I don't know if I'm being impatient - and I don't know if I'm being smart - but I do know this axe has been promised - and I feel the great need in my heart. De dum de dum de dummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm - Spring is in the air.....................................................................etc............:-({|=

Yes it is only just spring. So Epiphone were telling the truth all along :rolleyes:

HA! GAS has never been so bad.......except that one time in Santa Ana....WHEW...

American Musical has a date of May 9 http://www.americanmusical.com/Item--i-EPI-EME4-VSSNH1

ZZounds date says May 11 http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEME4

GearNuts has June 3 http://www.gearnuts.com/store/detail/EME4VSSNH

All lies if you ask me :-0

No dates on the Guitar Center site nor the Sweetwater site.

db

HA! GAS has never been so bad.......except that one time in Santa Ana....WHEW...

American Musical has a date of May 9 http://www.americanm...EPI-EME4-VSSNH1

ZZounds date says May 11 http://www.zzounds.com/item--EPIEME4

GearNuts has June 3 http://www.gearnuts....etail/EME4VSSNH

All lies if you ask me :-0

No dates on the Guitar Center site nor the Sweetwater site.

db

I just love the Gearnuts quote "This has an unusually long delivery time. More expected on Wednesday, June 3."

You're telling us!!!

If the 2014 Epi Joe Bonamassa Les Paul release is anything to go by, it could well be the end of 2015 before we see these. For what it's worth my local store (in Ontario, Canada) has been told June.

i entered also. There is now an official page on the epiphone site. Also there is a BUY NOW button. Takes you through some steps and then spits out dealers in your area. Also a list of online dealers.

We are getting close :-)

db

i entered also. There is now an official page on the epiphone site. Also there is a BUY NOW button. Takes you through some steps and then spits out dealers in your area. Also a list of online dealers.

We are getting close :-)

db

Super cool...I entered as well!

I entered as well! I noticed this guitar is now also listed under the Masterbilt tab in the Epiphone web site. So there are now officially three available Masterbilt models available....last week there were only two.

Awesome...I was wondering they were going to put it in the real place instead of only the new for spring area.

Archived