Gibson Brands Forums

Be Careful What You Ask For

duluthdan

Put this down to a lesson learned I suppose, but the Acoustic Performance Sub-Forum is now locked, and folks are asked to post here: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/152-the-performance-hall/

Good news is that you can post a "performance" and it will have its own thread, something I recall was sort of asked for? Bad news is you have to navigate out of the Acoustic Forum, and get into the All Things Gear, etc etc, Will make it nigh impossible to navigate smoothly on your phone or iPad, me thinks.

Oh well. That's life.

Who is deciding all of this????? Let's do a poll…and see who wants a separate area for posting their songs, and who wants them posted in the general acoustic area??? Maybe a mod or someone from Gibson (Jeremy??) can enlighten us on why this was done???

?? Maybe a mod or someone from Gibson (Jeremy??) can enlighten us on why this was done???

it seems that reasons are not deemed necessary.

Abe was right.

if you want to test a person's character, give them power eh?

Anyone seen my thread? .....

I'm sure I left it round here somewhere ..........

Put this down to a lesson learned I suppose, but the Acoustic Performance Sub-Forum is now locked, and folks are asked to post here: http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/forum/152-the-performance-hall/

Good news is that you can post a "performance" and it will have its own thread, something I recall was sort of asked for? Bad news is you have to navigate out of the Acoustic Forum, and get into the All Things Gear, etc etc, Will make it nigh impossible to navigate smoothly on your phone or iPad, me thinks.

Oh well. That's life.

What an astonishingly senseless non-solution.

I'll miss the fun...

What an astonishingly senseless non-solution.

I'll miss the fun...

yeah .. If you kids can't play then I'm taking the toy away and putting it in the cupboard.

A step in the wrong direction eh? And not a lot of diplomacy shown.

I still plan to stick the odd video on here and I guess it'll be a fun race to get to see it / or not see it , before its swept up and binned .

All it takes for evil to succeed is good men to do nothing :)

the fact that musicians are discouraged to make music on a music forum is a bit of a weird situation !

keep pickin n grinnin

This is very interesting. The decision seems ludicrous to me to put these things in an area full of all these metal/shredder performances. Don't get me wrong, I like a good shred but I posted my videos on the acoustic forum because I figured the people here would enjoy them the most. Sal said it best, the people posting over there aren't going to be interested in my stuff I'm sure. I will still post here and wait for it to be moved though I suspect I may be kicked off the forum.

I'll try to be a little diplomatic. I love this forum; it's my favorite. But it isn't the only one. That said, KSdaddy and Jeremy are great guys I'm sure. I love watching videos of Jeremy. I love Gibson guitars. I buy new guitars often. More than a lot of guys and not as much as some.

What I like? An acoustic forum that can talk about models, and specs, and experiences with strings and other mods. But I also see my guitars as tools to express. Expressing is the real reason we are all guitar guys and gals. My biggest rush is to get inspired by other folks expressing. It gives me ideas for myself, and it also just gives me flat out enjoyment listening. I like doing that all in here. Why not have a rule that says when you post a clip of your expressing yourselves, you just put in the title : (music)

Unlike some other folks I don't see on here any more , I never for one second thought anyone was posting to say "look at me! I want attention! I am a wannabe!"

People are posting music because it is an outlet, they love it, they are passionate, and they are alive. That's frigging beautiful. Gibson should recognize that.

Anyways, if the good folks running the joint don't see that, then it is their loss, and prerogative.

How much does anyone want to bet that if we went to another forum, and each promised a small donation per year, they wouldn't make a Gibby acoustic sub forum for us?

I'd rather be here though. I want to see Juan, 62, Red, Jason, Anne, dan, rich, Bbg, buc, MP, and everyone else.

And someone get Sombras on the AGF to post here. He is amazing.

By the way, when I see great folks make music on their Gibsons, it makes me want to buy their gibson.

Phew... A ramble that was.

I mentioned it to Customer Service this morning. It's not up to me, I just brought it up on you guys' behalf. I believe from now on any 'performance" posts or videos posted in the acoustic forum will just be left alone, not grouped or moved into a performance sub forum. That's how I understood it anyway.

Ksdaddy, I thank you for intereceding and look forward to things returning to what used to be normal. That is good news, indeed.

Sal- you said it beatifully. Thanks for taking the time to do it and for all your fine posts here- of words and of music.

Don't thank me, I just passed the word along. CS does their best to give you guys what you want but you know how that goes sometimes. A forum is dynamic and changes have a 50/50 shot of being accepted. I'm confident CS will go along. If not, you can hang me in effigy.

Thanks KS!

I guess my lone acoustic track in the Performance Hall is now an orphan? Probably been a few WTF moments with the usual heavy metal customers there, but you never know - someone might listen and like.

BluesKing777.

I viewed it and like it.

Archived