Gibson Brands Forums

2007 goddess

graywalker

Would there be any interest in a 2007 Les Paul Goddess violet burst. All original in the HOAX with the swag. Barely used and never giggled. What kind of value would it have wit a 9. 75 out of ten for overall condition. It's currently in a friend's pawn shop coming due and has been offered to me first.

I think the value should be less than the original Gibson new cost. It's a used guitar no matter what condition.

I remember the cost somewhere about the same as a Les Paul Studio, +/-. Perhaps someone on eBay is getting over, asking a fortune for one.

I am by no means someone who can place a value on a used guitar. I like to buy new ones, which are pricey enough for me. Why buy a used one for more than it cost new?

Sure, I like it. Wish I bought one at the time they were in production. Problem is there are tons of new guitars to choose from, so why bid up an old one?

I thought the lingerie company behind it was a cool thing, supposed to be a woman's guitar. There's just lots of competition. New Les Pauls will be out next year to buy.

post-13414-019153200 1403740104_thumb.jpg

The LP Goddess is a sought after model.

They don't come up for sale that often - relatively speaking - and when they do they tend to sell quickly if the price is 'right'.

They were only in production for a limited time (2006-08) and had several features totally unique to this range (more of this below).

Many of these features contribute towards their appeal and when they come up for sale they are always offered for more that you might imagine they would be worth.

Their rarity also adds to this value. Certain colours are more desired than others and are priced accordingly.

Those with all the original - and some unique - accessories command, as you would expect, high prices.

A quick scan of ebay this a.m. (not foolproof, of course, but it does give an indication) shows only 2 (!) up for sale at the moment.

Both are priced around the $2,500 - $3,000 area.

Now; I know that these prices are at the 'hopeful' end of the asking range, but they are clearly not going to be offered for the same money as a Studio.

A friend and fellow forumite has one in the Rose-burst(?) finish and I've played it a few times.

It's a cracking guitar. The p'ups - clear bobbins apart - are the same found on the LP Custom (490/498) so it sounds great.

It has a slightly smaller (yes), and slightly slimmer, body compared with a regular Standard and I'm pretty sure it's of Chambered construction.

This means it's slightly brighter-sounding but with a slight reduction in sustain.

Gibson also claimed that they used lighter mahogany blanks for the body. All this together means that they are very easy on the shoulder.

It has a slim-taper '60s neck and, unusually, it has a slightly narrower nut-width.

The 'board is solid ebony. Binding on both body and neck is single-ply white.

Chrome hardware; only two controls (obviously) with steel knobs and a compensated McCarty stoptail/bridge assembly.

The tuners were 'different' - they were taller than 'usual' but I can't remember why this was the case....

If the one you can grab is in good nick and you can get it for a good price I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

P.

They don't come up for sale that often - relatively speaking - and when they do they tend to sell quickly if the price is 'right'.

They were only in production for a limited time (2006-08) and had several features totally unique to this range (more of this below).

Many of these features contribute towards their appeal and when they come up for sale they are always offered for more that you might imagine they would be worth.

Their rarity also adds to this value. Certain colours are more desired than others and are priced accordingly.

Those with all the original - and some unique - accessories command, as you would expect, high prices.

A quick scan of ebay this a.m. (not foolproof, of course, but it does give an indication) shows only 2 (!) up for sale at the moment.

Now; I know that these prices are at the 'hopeful' end of the asking range, but they are clearly not going to be offered for the same money as a Studio.

A friend and fellow forumite has one in the Rose-burst(?) finish and I've played it a few times.

It's a cracking guitar. The p'ups - clear bobbins apart - are the same found on the LP Custom (490/498) so it sounds great.

It has a slightly smaller (yes), and slightly slimmer, body compared with a regular Standard and I'm pretty sure it's of Chambered construction.

This means it's slightly brighter-sounding but with a slight reduction in sustain.

Gibson also claimed that they used lighter mahogany blanks for the body. All this together means that they are very easy on the shoulder.

It has a slim-taper '60s neck and, unusually, it has a slightly narrower nut-width.

Chrome hardware; only two controls (obviously) with steel knobs and a compensated McCarty stoptail/bridge assembly.

The tuners were 'different' - they were taller than 'usual' but I can't remember why this was the case....

If the one you can grab is in good nick and you can get it for a good price I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

P.

Thanks mate.

I had a good crack at it yesterday and it is mint. Not a mark, like it's never been struck. It's been in hawk since January of 08, and the owner has only payed the vig every three months. So in reality, being an 07, it's spent it's entire life in the OHSC on a shelf in the pawn shop. I'm hoping to pick it up for a decent note. Maybe hang on to it and add it to my dust collectors. Iwwouldn't think it would be a player for my fat hands, least not from what I felt yesterday. I guess the neck and weight were directed at the female players. Thanks again mate, Cheers!

• 11 months later...

P.

Pippy is right on!

Guest Farnsbarns

If I recall correctly, the tuner shafts were longer to accomodate long fingernails. You don't want to screw up Your new nails just to get Your guitar in tune.

Then you'll be able to tune it without breaking your new acrylics. You wont be able to play, but tuning will be a breeze.

I think this might not be true.

Archived