Gibson Brands Forums

60's Hummingbird Reissue

Rosinante

I was wondering what if anything anyone could tell me about these guitars? I see one that seems like a decent price but other than what the store tells me I don't really have any other info. I will be going overseas for work for about two years and want to bring a nice bird to keep me company. Thanks!

Dear no it is not the adjustable saddle if it was I wouldn't be considering it. I prefer non-adjustable saddles that are set properly. It kinda sucks living where there are no good guitar stores, but so far in life, internet shopping for gear has not let me down. I'm hoping to get a bird soon, I leave in a month.

Dear no it is not the adjustable saddle if it was I wouldn't be considering it. I prefer non-adjustable saddles that are set properly.

Why in the world would you not even consider a Gibson with an ADJ bridge? The first Hummingbirds had them (as well as non-scalloped bracing). And if you prefer a fixed bridge it is an easy fix.

In the early 2000s, before splitting the H'Bird, SJ200 and J45 lines into "standard" and "True Vintage" models, the "regular" guitars produced were very, very good. You probably could sell it at a nice profit overseas when you're ready to come back. But, I doubt you'll want to part with it!

one of the first acoustics I ever had was a hbird knockoff with an adjustable saddle. it always "adjusted" itself and that just soured me on it. I'm sure the gibson model is much better quality and maybe I shouldn't be so quick to write them off.

In the early 2000s, before splitting the H'Bird, SJ200 and J45 lines into "standard" and "True Vintage" models, the "regular" guitars produced were very, very good. You probably could sell it at a nice profit overseas when you're ready to come back. But, I doubt you'll want to part with it!

thanks for pointing that out, when I reread my post it sounds a little like: boo, just a regular bird.

So to the OP: Go for it!

As far as I know the HB had the ADJ bridge throughout the 1960s.

Yes, and they were reintroduced on a 60's retro-model a few years back, , , BUT with tusq not ceramic saddle.

That difference is wine and gin.

Archived