Gibson Brands Forums

Epiphone USA map guitar

Not-Too-Late

Eight years ago - boy you have been around awhile. On the forum that is. msp_flapper.gifmsp_biggrin.gif

Yeah, I remember because I had only been a member of the forum for a few weeks and thought I had discovered something nobody had seen. When I posted it quite a few members told me it had been posted before. Now, every couple of years someone posts it thinking they found something new. Very weird guitar isn't?

Its a good thing you arent a math teacher, Brad. [razz]

I have taught math a lot actually Rob. I took every math class at my high school, including calculus and never made below a B.

I am very good at math.

Are you referring to the fact that below my avatar it states I've been a member since 2008?

I guess you haven't been around as long as I thought you had.

On more than one occasion, the Epi website (before it merged with the Gibson site) crashed and took with it the correct date we joined the forum. I bought my first Epi (G400) in January 2006. And I know that was the year I became a member here.

2006-2014 is 8 years. [flapper][biggrin]

Weren't these a limited run/edition? Can't remember if they were or not.

Yes, the first run was in 1982 and made in Kalamazoo. These are worth a lot of money.

The second run was in 2005 and were either Korean or Indonesian...not sure which exactly. I'd have to see a serial number. These still fetch some money, but not nearly as much as the American made USA guitar.

Gibson has also done several runs of the Map guitar.

Yes, the first run was in 1982 and made in Kalamazoo. These are worth a lot of money.

The second run was in 2005 and were either Korean or Indonesian...not sure which exactly. I'd have to see a serial number. These still fetch some money, but not nearly as much as the American made USA guitar.

Gibson has also done several runs of the Map guitar.

That guitar was featured on the cover of the Gibson 1983 catalog:

http://www.vintageguitarandbass.com/graphics/gibson83p1.jpg

Archived