Gibson Brands Forums

1990 gibson les paul standard blk/ gold limited run?

1guitargod123

few weeks ago i purchaced a 1990 gibson les paul standard with gold hardware ,last week i called gibson to verify the serial number and its comes up blank like it never existed ..so i went to a Guitar center fort/ worth texas and two or three salesman looked it over and said its a real gibson standard les paul all right,,they call gibson all the time,to verify serial numbers and said this happens all the time,..guitar center exculives ,special orders,i do know this guitar is rare,ivory pickups ivory rings,ivory pick gaurd ,,just want to know more on gibsons failer too register info into there data base,,,91770389...??

When I registered my LP Double Cut the serial # came back as it being an SG. You couldn't GIVE me an SG. Looks like they haven't perfected their system yet.

out of a days production can range up to a few hundred guitars produced that day .01-301 and #089 dose not exsist ...right ...??

Guest Farnsbarns

few weeks ago i purchaced a 1990 gibson les paul standard with gold hardware ,last week i called gibson to verify the serial number and its comes up blank like it never existed ..so i went to a Guitar center fort/ worth texas and two or three salesman looked it over and said its a real gibson standard les paul all right,,they call gibson all the time,to verify serial numbers and said this happens all the time,..guitar center exculives ,special orders,i do know this guitar is rare,ivory pickups ivory rings,ivory pick gaurd ,,just want to know more on gibsons failer too register info into there data base,,,91770389...??

There is another thread with a similar guitar but I can't find it now. Was that you or are there two of you with the same guitar?

Archived