Gibson Brands Forums

1994 All American II?

soeze7765

Recent purchase, have never seen before. Very familiar with All American SG I, but not this model. Seems to be a double cut Melody Maker design. Not able to find very much info on this model at all. Any info or links would be highly appreciated!!!

• 2 weeks later...

^_^ Lots of views, no responses!!! Shame that a world class guitar maker like Gibson makes you rely on outside sources to find out about their products. Hard to even find catalogues, unless you want to pay someone for the temporary use of one. Can you say FRUSTRATION!!!???

• 3 weeks later...

These were limited run guitars made in either '94 or '95, and I believe available only to Guitar Center, in an effort to offer an entry-level, low-end American made Gibson model to consumers at GC's request. I don't know what else to say about them, other than what you can see from owning one. It was never a full-on catalog item, it was a special run. I doubt there is anything in the records about them here because we never did any catalog work that I recall to feature them, they were marketed and advertised only in the GC mailer. I'm going on memory, and its been at least 15 years, but I was involved in that process then when they were made for GC.

Archived