Gibson Brands Forums

My Gibsons & their friends

Lefty Guy

Nice herd there, LG. Need a nice strap to go with them? The strap I sent to EuroAussie was returned and, given another shot at it, he has not responded.......so......... It is a fine handmade strap that is configured for a lefty player. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Allow me to translate that for you:

53410fa3-460c-444f-bb4e-55d62edad9d4_zps63155358.png

There. That's better. Btw- congrats on the new build. Great headstock inlay, too. Is that unique to your guitar, or are all Ken Miller's guitars Pisces?

Hmmm, I'd better shift all those righties then!

No, Ken doesn't have any branded headstock inlay, he likes his customers to design their own. His wife Virginia does all the inlay work - she's a true artist at this.

Nice herd there, LG. Need a nice strap to go with them? The strap I sent to EuroAussie was returned and, given another shot at it, he has not responded.......so......... It is a fine handmade strap that is configured for a lefty player. Send me a PM if you're interested.

PM sent. thx Buc!

Very nice little collection there lefty, everyone should own a "Tele".

Here`s my little lot.

P1011069_zpse7460d7f.jpg

Steve.

Nice. Steve, I really struggle with my tele. I guess its because I started out on acoustic...I just press too hard on the strings & that makes e.g. a "D" chord sound out of tune on my tele.

There is a way around that Lefty. Jerry Donahue advocates the classic two strings per brass saddle, three saddle bridge (instead of six individual saddles), which he says gives better tone. The secret is to intonate (Not tune) the middle saddle so that the D string is slightly flat, and the G slightly sharp. Although in theory this is wrong, in practice it works!

When I used to use a tele with the six saddle bridge, i went for the heavy Gotoh type one found on the 80s Tokai Breezysounds, were a lot better than fender`s offering.

Steve.

There is a way around that Lefty. Jerry Donahue advocates the classic two strings per brass saddle, three saddle bridge (instead of six individual saddles), which he says gives better tone. The secret is to intonate (Not tune) the middle saddle so that the D string is slightly flat, and the G slightly sharp. Although in theory this is wrong, in practice it works!

When I used to use a tele with the six saddle bridge, i went for the heavy Gotoh type one found on the 80s Tokai Breezysounds, were a lot better than fender`s offering.

Steve.

I was thinking of trying heavier strings, thx

I finally got all my lefties together for a family portrait. I think they'll do me for the duration!

Nice party there. The new kid is a proud'n'good looker. Wonder how the Bird is getting ahead. .

Here`s my little lot.

Wow - that brown-cream-black dread is groovin' for me. .

Wonder how the Bird is getting ahead. .

I have to admit that the 'bird is the least impressive of my 3 acoustics. I am having a pick-up installed & also re-stringing her with the new Elixir PB HD lights to try & liven her up a bit.

Lefty, do you like those E strings on other guitars of your's? Seems hard to think of them being the strings for a Hummingbird. If someone digs Elixirs in the first place, then I understand.

Lefty, do you like those E strings on other guitars of your's? Seems hard to think of them being the strings for a Hummingbird. If someone digs Elixirs in the first place, then I understand.

Well, my fingers are pretty corrosive so I need coated strings & I love Elixir PBs on my other guitars, so went that way on the 'bird too.

Archived