Gibson Brands Forums
Sign in to follow this  
heymisterk

She said "Yes!"

Hi All,

I haven't been real active on this site for awhile, but I wanted to let you know that I proposed to my girlfriend Jodie last night, and she accepted!

I proposed in a way that only a musician can appreciate: I wrote a song for her, and about half way through playing it, I asked her if she heard something rattling around inside my guitar. She said No. But I insisted that there was something inside my trusty Alvarez-Yairi. So I turned the guitar upside down and voila! out came the engagement ring. I then finished playing the song, which included the proposal in the lyrics. A "Yes!", tears, and hugs.

A waited much longer than most of you: I am 41, and will be 42 by the time we get married next summer. But she was worth the wait.

Just wanted to share the news! Here's a pic of us...

jeffandjodie_zpscb5396db.jpg

And so in guitar terms.... She looks like a keeper ;)

Congrats to both of you... Theres nothing wrong with waiting for the right lady to come along (more people should probably do that).. And it looks like you did good [thumbup]

I hope its a long happy and healthy marriage. :)

Guest Farnsbarns

My heart felt condolences.

Only joking. Congratulations young man. I hope you have a long, prosperous and happy life together.

Pretty girl, remember to always be nice to her as if mama ain't happy, NOBODY is happy (that would be you).

You dog, you. What is she, 17? [biggrin]

Ha! Nope, she is 37. [thumbup]

For most of my 30s, I had a really immature and superficial view of what I expected in a wife. As a result, I went through a series of sh*tty relationships that ended badly either for me or for the girl I was dating. Jodie taught me that - cliched as it is - you really need to marry your best friend: someone who is going to support you; be faithful to you; be honest with you; "for better or for worse."

Thanks to all of you for all your kind words and congrats! =D> =D>

Congratulations, MrK, and all my best wishes for you and Jodie. [thumbup]

I think your performance was planned as a unique one. [rolleyes] Perhaps it is more convenient for the future if Jodie is NOT specially trained in scrutinizing side noises caused by playing guitar... ;)

Congratulations and I hope you two share a very happy future together!

That's really great news, MrK!

We will understand if your presence hereabouts begins to tail-off for a short while - but please come back and keep us posted.

And if you need a Ted Nugent tribute band for the celebrations I think we could come up with a few ideas....

Many congrats!

[thumbup]

P.

Aye.... all the best to you.

Although she certainly doesn't look 27... Hmmmm.

I might add that your thought about marrying a friend... well, my little sis and I had a similar talk and I'd say that from both the boys' and girls' perspective, it works best. We're both married to such. No perfection claimed, but at our age (she's 2 years younger, he's a cupla months older than I am, mine is still pre-65) it's almost certainly best 'cuz stuff can get more complicated with health issues and such. If you don't like each other... it's either constant discomfort or somehow not living together any more.

m

What cake can affect a man many years after it's been eaten? Wedding cake! Congratulations. Buy her a guitar as a wedding present.

Congratulations! [thumbup]

Both for the engagement, and for the luck finding such a beautiful woman.

I wish You both centuries of happiness! :)

Best wishes... Bence