Gibson Brands Forums

J15 (again)

MR GIBS

That's correct. J15 is a professional instrument. As the J35.

Just saying that I would prefer a J45 or a Hummingbird.

They are simply better guitars.

A generalization like that just doesn't work Mr G.

The build quality is equal on all of these models.

Each one has the potential to have stellar examples,

but some will be mediocre & others quite outstanding.

It's always piece by piece + personal preferences.

It seems to excel more as a fingerpicker that strummer from what Im hearing. Pretty thin strumming tone, lacking a bit depth, but solid fingerpicked.

Hey, folks, I don't want to be misunderstood.EuroAssie above says very good what I am trying to explain.Once again-J15 is a very good guitar. A real Gibson Acoustic.May be the action of this J15 instrument on the video was a bit higher for me.On the other hand I am sure that the guitar has great strumming power. And depth.

And may be if I had to decide now which one - J35 or J15 this would be a hard decision and it is 50% possible that it would be a J15...Great guitar! Can say that this walnut gives me a different sound and I like that.

But, folks, didn't you guess that I am GASing for a Hummingbird???msp_biggrin.gif I will not buy a Hummingbird this year. I already have more than 10 guitars and this is too much for me now...... Must admit.

I may even leave the grovers on it. They're not that bad looking. One thing I am going to do is replace the saddle and pins with bone. It sounds fantastic as is but bone will more than likely amp up that fantastic tone.

My J-15 will be in by Fedex tomorrow, i cant wait!!

Archived