Gibson Brands Forums

Strap Button

Randmo

I love that strap loop. Never seen one. I have been playing my AJ sitting down since 2002, and all I needed was a strap loop. But then how do I connect a strap loop to the butt of my AJ.? Guess I'll be sitting down forever! I have been wanting to install one of those M1 pickups, so my pristine bod may get drilled anyway!

I don't mind spending the extra $4.00 to secure my $1500.00 guitar.

Instead of drilling the hole, I will probably go this route like you guys suggested.

Martin Strap At Amazon

For some reason, they are only $7.50 at Elderly's.

http://www.elderly.com/accessories/names/martin-acoustic-strap-hook-black--MASH-BLACK.htm

I assume they are the same strap thing. They look the same to me.....

BluesKing777.

I love that strap loop. Never seen one. I have been playing my AJ sitting down since 2002, and all I needed was a strap loop. But then how do I connect a strap loop to the butt of my AJ.? Guess I'll be sitting down forever! I have been wanting to install one of those M1 pickups, so my pristine bod may get drilled anyway!

The loop is only needed at the head...the other end of the any strap attaches directly to the endpin.

Glad you've come to your senses Rand, and I hope your playing skills benefit from having your guitar balanced so well on your shoulder. I know mine has. Whichever you choose, they're all sturdy enough to handle the weight.

Archived