Gibson Brands Forums

My music room keeps evolving.

Buxom

IfhBe9S.jpg

I'm very satisfied now. All I do is move the cab so it's facing the kit and there's a lovely high volume harmony between the two.

Slimmed my kit by cutting out the china and rack tom as well.

I also may have tracked down a 1970s aftermarket Dimarzio Stratocaster Trem unit, which I may be purchasing this Friday, but that's for another thread all together.

I really feel my gear coming together now.

Glad to hear it's coming together nicely.

Now that you've had the Guild for a while what are your long-term impressions? I liked them back in the day but never knew anyone who had actually bought one.

My experience is limited to noodling around with the odd example in a (very) few shops a long time ago and I can't remember much about how they play/feel/sound.

P.

Glad to hear it's coming together nicely.

Now that you've had the Guild for a while what are your long-term impressions? I liked them back in the day but never knew anyone who had actually bought one.

My experience is limited to noodling around with the odd example in a (very) few shops a long time ago and I can't remember much about how they play/feel/sound.

P.

I've owned it well over a year now. Can can say with some certainty that it's the best guitar I've ever owned. The neck is amazingly small, the body comfortable and lightweight, and the guitar overall very balanced. The pickups are great for gain and the stock built in effects make it more versatile than it should be. The bridge is solid and doesn't lose its setup for 6 months at a time, the neck stays straight no matter what, and it's just perfect to me.

Nice!

I have a Peavey Audition 110 TransTube (solid-state) amp in my music-room/studio that is a little similar to the one on the top left...

What is that one?

It is a 1986 Envoy 110.

Lovely amp, the gain boost and reverb are the sole reasons for owning it.

Archived