Gibson Brands Forums

Gibson Les Paul CS 1960 reissue R0

labeldd

Hello,

I have found Les Paul CS 1960 reissue R0 listed for $3100. From the pictures it looks flawless with all the casecandy included. Is it a good buy? I see one identical on Ebay for $4995, but that one has a bit more flame to it,"mine" is a plain top with ice tea burst. (I already own an ES-335 and Les Paul Custom Lite so I guess I don't really need it, but I think it looks so beautiful and I've always wanted a Les Paul with a burst). I'd hate to let it go if it is a steal. Any opinions?

If it was for sale in the UK it would be at least 50% more expensive.

Plain-tops are lower priced than figured tops but even so; that price wouldn't even by a regular Standard hereabouts.

Furthermore some 'Plain-Tops' are (IMO) far better looking than many figured tops.

As someone who enjoys pretty much everything about R0's and who doesn't give a toss about the looks I would buy it in a heart-beat as long as it plays as well as it should.

P.

Other than the last one being a Plain-Top? Absolutely nothing at all.

A search on the 'net shows that, currently in the UK, to buy a new plain-top R0 would cost $5,147.

That one at a shade under $2,900 is an absolute steal. You are talking '1960 Classic' money for a genuine 1960 Re-issue.

It's in near mint condition (as far as we can tell) and the 'plain-top' actually has nice flowing grain.

If I were in the market I wouldn't hesitate for a second.

P.

Thanks Pippy, that's what I thought!

I'm am really close to buying it, but my wife will kill me as I promised her that I was done shopping guitars. I will wait a day or so, and hopefully it will pass. If I'm still hungry for it on monday I'll go for it and hide it in my garage for a while :rolleyes:

Archived