Gibson Brands Forums

New ES-345 on the market

powerwagonjohn

It looks like the new ES-345 are hitting the market in the US. I see Sweetwater and a couple other retailers are offering them in sunburst, cherry and natural between $4000.00 and $4300.00. I see no mention of the stereo option and they all seem to have the input jack on the top or face of the guitar. I also don't see any in trans-brown or walnut. They appear to come as a 59 re-issue and the 65 re-issue. Having recently picked up a 2009 ES-345 I am sure this will make some people very happy. Even though I don't use the stereo very often, I was using it last night and I do like having it as an option along with the Varitone.

Thanks John

I checked out the Sweetwater and Dave's websites. Wow, these are stunning! I am still plenty happy with my standard (and less expensive) Memphis ES-345 with dual jacks, but you can see that the new shapes are closer to the original. Strangely, nobody at Gibson seems to notice that the split inlays are still wider than they were in the old days.

The new ES-345's look great and I can't wait to try one out. I am going down to Cedar rapids for a funeral over the 4th so I may have to stop in to Dave's. I agree that Dave's is a great shop, Dave and his crew are some of the best in the business. I have to say I am very happy with my 2009 new ES-345 for half the price of these new models and I even have the stereo option. EastEnder I am sure your going to love that new guitar of yours and I look forward to the photos.

Thanks john

Glad to see Gibson finally doing a "Historic" 345 again. The last batch was done in Nashville around 2000, and was pretty under the table. Mine, built and bought in 2000, also came through Dave Rogers.

The mono, Varitone, and top mounted jack is historically correct for '59.

Here's my 2000 (minus the gold Varitone selector ring):

11369863976_408b914b58_o.jpg

I'll think you'll find the new "Historics" to be a very different beast than the standard Memphis "production models".

Hey EE,

What serial number scheme are they using on the new ones? My 2000 has an "A-XXXXX" number, only written on the orange label, nothing on the back of the headstock.

My 1959 Reissue is the same as above - no headstock stamping on the back at all. The serial is on the Orange label and nowhere else and is of the same format as above.

Archived