Gibson Brands Forums

Good Axe Players Come andGO

dustymars

A friend called to tell me that my close friend and lead guitar passed away today. We had a band in high school and after graduation from around 1955 until late 1959 and had been friends since then. Guess he deserves a tune on my axe. Getting old is not easy.

A friend called to tell me that my close friend and lead guitar passed away today. We had a band in high school and after graduation from around 1955 until late 1959 and had been friends since then. Guess he deserves a tune on my axe. Getting old is not easy.

Sorry for your loss. You surely have some good memories of him. What tune are you thinking of playing?

Very sad news.

To have been friends with someone for that length of time is an achievement in itself.

I'm sure you will have a great many happy memories from those 60 years and I hope those memories, in turn, will give you some degree of comfort.

Condolences to all concerned.

P.

I lost a friend, mentor, and fellow bandmate from the past last year. He's probably responsible for inspiring me to actually get out there and gig and without him I'd never have gotten myself on-stage to start my career when I was 19 or so...

He was only in his late 40's and it was unexpected...

He was my first jam partner and the guy who helped me get it all started...

It is very sad!

RIP Keith Kleeberg...

darn! I understand as well

some times it even hits closer to home. my wife and I met while we were in 9th grade. she had 4 younger brothers, who all became my brothers too.

I was influential in all of her brothers picking up the guitar, her brother Jim took to the bass, (he was a natural) once he got on with playing he was actually VERY good.

We were in bands together for many years

Cancer took him from us in 1996 when he was 34 years old (he left two kids behind who know have kids of their own). Still not a day goes by we don't think of him.

I am sorry for your loss. Friends matter so much, The same has been happening here. To echo, you're so right on getting old is not easy. It seems to happen all at once, and that only makes the loss of a long friend hurt all the more. Play one of the band's old ones for your friend and yourself as well.

Steve

Archived