Gibson Brands Forums

Jackson Browne Guitar Case Modification

Dave F

I had a problem with the case that came with my Jackson Browne. If you have the stereo Trance system it has an external box that does not fit in the compartment case very well.

Since this a 12 fretter and a little shorter, I thought about building another compartment above the headstock and I still may.

To resolve the immediate problem, I removed the screws from the neck support, reversed the support and added a corner support to catch the lid and accept a third existing screw.

The result is enough room for the box, adapter, cable, set of strings, capo and snark.

The most difficult thing was finding the matching material.

BEFORE

IMG_0438_zpsdcac35b7.jpg

AFTER

IMG_0447_zpscbb0b6e6.jpg

IMG_0443_zpsa474e59c.jpg

IMG_0444_zpsc5b21796.jpg

I'm not sure I follow. No, scratch that. I don't follow. You unscrewed the neck support section and just flipped it around? Then just put a fabric covered post in the corner to support the lid closure? All the external screw holes were good to reuse?

I'm not sure I follow. No, scratch that. I don't follow. You unscrewed the neck support section and just flipped it around?

Yes, but I added a small corner support to catch the lid plus it gets one of the existing screws/screwhole.

If you just take yours out and flip it you will see how much more room you have.

You will also see the lid needs a stopper and you have and extra screw hole that hits nothing.

That's where the extra block comes into play.

Did not drill any new holes in the case

Yes, but I added a small corner support to catch the lid plus it gets one of the existing screws/screwhole.

If you just take yours out and flip it you will see how much more room you have.

You will also see the lid needs a stopper and you have and extra screw hole that hits nothing.

That's where the extra block comes into play.

Did not drill any new holes in the case

Genius. Pure genius. Thanks, I'm going to try this this weekend. Except for the fabric.

Archived