Gibson Brands Forums

NGD - '14 Trad

MichaelDH

After seeing all of the positive comments on this forum about Sweetwater, I made a trip to their facility today. Gotta tell ya, what I saw of their place is fantastic. Didn't have the time to spend like I wanted to, but I'll definitely be going back soon to look around some more.

Anyway, I went with the hope of getting a new LP, and took a list of the ones I wanted to see and try out. After talking to one of the sales guys, the warehouse brought up front 3 '14 Trads for me to check out: an HC, a Manhattan Midnight, and a Wine Red. They even let me go into a smaller, private room to try them out without anyone else testing guitars, so I didn't have to do the volume wars with other people.

First one they gave me was the HC, and it was a beautiful guitar, but sound-wise, it just wasn't quite what I wanted.

Next was the MM. Fantastic looking, sounded great, played really nice, and instantly liked it, although it weighed in just over 10 pounds.

Then the Wine Red. Like the MM, I fell in love with it, not quite as heavy as the MM and an incredible finish on it. I spent nearly an hour going back and forth between the 2, playing and playing again, and it really was a tough decision since I liked them both, but in the end one of them just felt a little nicer and I preferred the sound and feel just a little bit more.

So, here is what I brought home today. And if you get a chance to go to Sweetwater, you won't regret it. The people and service are top notch.

20140702_200152.jpg

20140702_194155.jpg

20140702_194225.jpg

Congrats, Michael - nice catch, HNGD! What a beautiful top... [wub]

Glad you are fine with it. [thumbup]

I share your experience that big dealers can be very customer-friendly, Thomann in my case. The sales guys and girls are very obliging and pretty knowledgeable. They allowed me to spend hours and hours in smaller testing rooms with a nice atmosphere, several fine guitars and an awesome bunch of amps and cabinets. Finally, nobody ever tried to talk me into buying something which wasn't to my taste. :)

Geeze Louise, that's a beauty!

I've bought several guitars from them, but them being in Indiana and me in Central Mass. visiting the store would take some doing.

But - compared to the other places, (MF, Sam Ash etc.) Sweetwater destroys them all in the steps they take for customer satisfaction.

Geeze Louise, that's a beauty!

I've bought several guitars from them, but them being in Indiana and me in Central Mass. visiting the store would take some doing.

But - compared to the other places, (MF, Sam Ash etc.) Sweetwater destroys them all in the steps they take for customer satisfaction.

I concur!

Sweetwater gets 99% of all my gear purchases!

Archived