Gibson Brands Forums

My first Gibson acoustic

Gibson Artist

A brand spanking new J-15!! First time i ever ordered from Sweetwater and they were the nicest people you'd ever wanna meet, even put on some new strings for me. The funny thing is ive heard people critique the guitar saying the action should be lower and it doesnt project chords as well as it fingerpicks.

Well, i got mine with Martin lights installed by sweetwater and it projects fantastic! The Martin D16rgt doesnt compare to it and the walnut/maple is absolutely gorgeous!! Maybe if i was a pro and picked higher up the frets id want lower action but for me this guitar just sings, absolutely in musicians bliss right now. The Top is so sweet looking it almost looks like a flamed maple. Finally, i am in the club, i got a Gibson acoustic :)

Oh yeah, it smells like vanilla for some reason lol..

009_zpsef0b29f3.jpg

006_zps7c9a36e4.jpg

007_zps06ccdacc.jpg

Congratulations GA, that back Looks fantastic. Have you seen this review of the J-29 and the J-15? They both look pretty good:

Ian

Thanks,Good review. I entered a contest to win the 29 but i dont think ill win. Still, im pretty satisfied with my purchase.

Very nice guitar! I actually prefer the walnut in the j-15 for a more pure tone. The rosewood, is great too if you want darker and deeper overtones. I prefer Mahogany, and this walnut j-15 seems more a kin to it. Most of my rosewoods got sold off because of overkill of overtones, which quickly annoy me, interrupting the sweet cleaner tones of mahogany...in this case Walnut. Enjoy it!

Very nice guitar! I actually prefer the walnut in the j-15 for a more pure tone. The rosewood, is great too if you want darker and deeper overtones. I prefer Mahogany, and this walnut j-15 seems more a kin to it. Most of my rosewoods got sold off because of overkill of overtones, which quickly annoy me, interrupting the sweet cleaner tones of mahogany...in this case Walnut. Enjoy it!

Thanks guys. I tried the j45 and the true vintage 45, i liked the vintage one and the j15 the most. Someday ill prob snag one of those but for now im loving this.

Love the top and back. Nice flame on the neck too. I've bought a couple of Guitars through Sweetwater and they are great to work with. They will sell below the listed price in case anyone is looking. I don't know how Gibson is making money on these Guitars as they are a tremendous value. As an FYI, Sweetwater will sell below the listed price. Enjoy your new Gibson!

Nice looking guitar, beautiful back and top. Sweetwater is where I got my J-35, they are the best. [thumbup]

Oh that is a sweet one too, i was torn between the two. But, the walnut suckered me in, love how the 35 had a classic feel to it. Gibson did a really nice job i think with these models.

Love the top and back. Nice flame on the neck too. I've bought a couple of Guitars through Sweetwater and they are great to work with. They will sell below the listed price in case anyone is looking. I don't know how Gibson is making money on these Guitars as they are a tremendous value. As an FYI, Sweetwater will sell below the listed price. Enjoy your new Gibson!

They gave me 24 month financing interest free if i pay it off in the 2 years, hard to beat that! I didnt know they sold below list but i was afraid the 15 or 35 would go up soon, i just had to have one of those. Not sure if the financing is on Sweetwaters part or Gibson or both but i appreciate it immensely.

Thanks,Good review. I entered a contest to win the 29 but i dont think ill win. Still, im pretty satisfied with my purchase.

As I mentioned in an earlier thread, I visited the Gibson factory in Memphis, and whilst in the store there I took the opportunity to play as many of the acoustics as possible, and the one that stood out, regardless of price was the J-15, it sounded stunning! I think you made a wise choice, in fact, I think I'm going to get one myself!

Ian

Thanks guys, your video gave me a good idea of the tones and i liked what i heard. Got a humidipak in to protect it, soon as this humidity chills out it will be out of the case and breathing more.

When you don't play on it you better KEEP the J15 IN THE CASE with a humidifier inside. I assure you this is the way to keep them safe.

Of course you'd love to hang it on the wall and to look every second this beauty, but beware...

Dry air kills them...

Archived