Gibson Brands Forums

2014 ES-335 Neck Profile

joevacc

I was wondering what neck profile the 2014 ES-335 has? I can not seem to find mention of it on any of the usual retail sites, or Gibson's site for that matter.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

This is the guitar I have in mind:

http://goo.gl/fdgz2d

jv

I think it is a slim 60's profile like the old one, but I could be wrong. Note that Gibson hasn't put up the 2014 model on the webpage yet. Why are they always so slow?

They also changed the bridge from ABR-1 to AVR-2. I don't know if that is good. Did they changed anything else?

I think it is a slim 60's profile like the old one, but I could be wrong. Note that Gibson hasn't put up the 2014 model on the webpage yet. Why are they always so slow?

They also changed the bridge from ABR-1 to AVR-2. I don't know if that is good. Did they changed anything else?

I have a 2014 ES-335 and I can confirm it came with a TonePros AVR-2 directly from Gibson and it has the 60's slim taper neck. According to my digital caliper it is almost the same thickness from the first fret up to the 12th front to back with a bit more meat (back of the neck) about halfway from center to the edge, top and bottom. I really like the neck a lot.

I was very surprised to find a TonePro's bridge when I changed the first set of strings. I've not asked around, but it sounds like that's new for this year. It's a pretty nice bridge, although I have had a little bit of buzz a couple times on the G string that sounded like it was coming from the bridge (saddle perhaps), it has settled down each time it's happened. I have a Callaham bridge with the long studs that I bought intending to swap the stock bridge, but I honestly haven't yet felt the need.

Archived