Gibson Brands Forums

Is this a tailpiece from a 2013 Standard?

RobJH

I purchased a new Gibson Les Paul Standard from American Musical last year, well I recently had a pro tech set it up and he told me this wasn't the stock tailpiece. he said it looked like a tone pro

If figured you guys would know...

post-66177-018069300 1404585788_thumb.jpg

post-66177-037085600 1404585796_thumb.jpg

post-66177-009236900 1404585807_thumb.jpg

post-66177-082996800 1404585817_thumb.jpg

Yep, looks like a Tonepros locking tailpiece and bridge. Gibson was putting those on some models, not sure which ones. I bought a 2014 Traditional from AMS with that hardware earlier this year but sent it back. Trads should not have the locking hardware. The second 2014 Trad I got from AMS did not have locking hardware.

Looked it up, the 2013 comes like that:

The innovative pairing of a locking TonePros™ Tune-o-Matic bridge and Stopbar tailpiece ensures solid sustain and precise intonation, while a set of high-quality locking Grover™ kidney-button tuners ensures smooth, accurate tuning.

The Standard 2012 came stock with the locking TonePros parts, too. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is still on mine, but the stopbar had to go for a Gibson TP-6. These come non-locking only but I love them.

I purchased a new Gibson Les Paul Standard from American Musical last year, well I recently had a pro tech set it up and he told me this wasn't the stock tailpiece. he said it looked like a tone pro

If figured you guys would know...

Sometimes techs should be more cautious instead of making people wild through spreading rumours due to ignorance. Your technician was right in saying that these are TonePros parts, but as long as he didn't check if they possibly came as stock equipment, he better had kept quiet.

Forgot to mention: Nice guitar with a beautiful top. [thumbup] I think it's a Honeyburst like my 2012?

1404596962[/url]' post='1537546']

The Standard 2012 came stock with the locking TonePros parts, too. The Tune-O-Matic bridge is still on mine, but the stopbar had to go for a Gibson TP-6. These come non-locking only but I love them.

You can always buy locking studs for the tailpiece, that is what I have on my Paul's. I keep the stock tailpiece and just swapped the posts with locking posts.

Archived