Gibson Brands Forums

SG Special

ourtang89

Just went and traded for another guitar, traded a diamond plate toolbox for a unplayed Epi SG bSpecial in black with a Epi studio amp. Already tuned it, wiped it over a gave it to my Wife, never really liked these until I saw this one, finish on this thing looks wet and very glossy. Just gotta love Epi.

Just went and traded for another guitar, traded a diamond plate toolbox for a unplayed Epi SG bSpecial in black with a Epi studio amp. Already tuned it, wiped it over a gave it to my Wife, never really liked these until I saw this one, finish on this thing looks wet and very glossy. Just gotta love Epi.

Is that the one with P-90s?

You probably like it because these arent actually SG Specials, they are built off of the G-400 platform with a set neck and better components. They only classify it as a Special because of the dot inlays and the wraparound bridge.

Yeah honestly it's closer to an SG Standard than a Special and I love mine. Good playing great sounding guitar. After tinkering around with an SG with a bolt on neck I don't see how people play them. Might as well just get a Les Paul etc, the bolt on really ruins the lines of the SG neck / body joint.

Maybe if you buy your wife a 1966 anniversary with bat wing pick guard she'll give you the Special?

I need someone to trade me a SG Special for the Kay Vintage Series LP I picked up. Like new condition and sounds awsome I think. Just after seeing the SG up close I fell in love with the lines of the guitar. If ya know anyone looking for a tobacco-sunburst KJay LP I'll trade for a SG Special in any color. 336-452-7698 can email pics of it also.

Archived