Gibson Brands Forums

Hard Day's Night

vw1300

This past evening I took the family to see a showing of "Hard Day's Night" - it's been remastered/restored etc. I'd never seen it at all, and was not disappointed - the movie as well as the Beatles themselves have a lot of energy and the sound is excellent. Seeing the Beatles on a big screen with a real sound system was a treat.

It seems the release of this film is mostly through art museums or theaters which show artsy/historical films now and then, rather than the major chains. I don't think it made the national news or anything, so some may not be aware that it's out there showing right now. And since this is a Gibson forum, I'll say that John and George both play the J-160e in the movie.

Glad you as a first timer liked it - definitely worth a watch.

I saw whimsy Help a half year ago.

It has been through the same treat and stood sharp as a Swiss Alp knife, , , a funny revisit as I saw it first time just after it opened on my 7th birthday. .

Saved ourselves a trip to the cinema, as it was screened in remastered form on the BBC last night. Mrs Mojo got bored and turned over to watch Pearl Harbo(u)r instead, though. Just out of interest, does anybody Stateside understand why they keep saying that Paul's grandfather 'is quite clean, really'? I suspect that anybody under 35 in the UK will wonder as well.

Saved ourselves a trip to the cinema, as it was screened in remastered form on the BBC last night. Mrs Mojo got bored and turned over to watch Pearl Harbo(u)r instead, though. Just out of interest, does anybody Stateside understand why they keep saying that Paul's grandfather 'is quite clean, really'? I suspect that anybody under 35 in the UK will wonder as well.

you gonna tell us ?or is there a prize?

I was in the service when this was originally released. Two of the members of my band were in control of the tv station on board our aircraft carrier. I must have seen that move 20 times. We could stop it...figure out what was being played and then continue on. Truly a wonderful time in my life. Glad you liked the movie. I just listened to several 90min cassettes of their stuff this morning. Small world.

Re: the "dirty old man" line, from wikipedia:

"The frequent reference to McCartney's grandfather (Wilfrid Brambell) as a "clean old man" sets up a contrast with the stock description of Brambell's character, Albert Steptoe in Steptoe and Son as a "dirty old man".

Archived