Gibson Brands Forums

Memorabilia

zombywoof

I was going through some boxes the other night looking for something. Did not find what I was seeking but I did run into a small stash of some stuff I apparently have been toting around the country for decades. Best thing was a newspaper ad for the very first rock & roll show I ever went to. Sunday, November 28, 1965, 8:00 p.m. - The Byrds, Paul Revere & the Raiders, the We Five, and Bo Diddley at the Westchester County Center. How the heck this thing managed to survive all these years and the moves which took me to six states (several of them twice). By the way what I was looking for is a box that has some 1950s Fender Tele and Esquire parts in it as I have a friend who is working on one and I figured I could lend him a hand.

Wish I could recall more about the show though. About all I do remember was being impressed by the Raiders using a guitar cable as a jump rope

I'm sure you were ready to dive through the gate to the Fifth Dimension back then Zomb.

Lucky to have heard the original Byrds.

I had to take them in parts :

Crosby with N, S&N and CPR, Clarke and Clarke with their act The Firebirds and Roger M solo. Well, , , that means I miss Hillman.

Find a frame for that piece of 65-paper, , , and one for the signed Super Session-album too. . .

I wasa big Byrds fan and saw every lineup from Gene Clark to Clarence White.

If you want to hear some really great Gene Clark material pick up one of the LPs he recorded with Carla Olson (former singer with the Textones). Unfortunately they only officially released one studio and one live LP before Gene's leaving us.

Archived