Gibson Brands Forums

D'addario string company

Drog

Thought I would share

I had recently purchased a set of D'addario Chrome strings. After putting them on my guitar, I noticed that the 3rd and 4th strings did not feel smooth as I have come accustomed to, there was just too much of a wind left on them. Just to be sure the specs did not change, I emailed D'addario. They were in fact faulty and they are shipping me a new set of strings, with no questions asked.

This is fantastic customer service, a company that I will continue to support. [thumbup]

Thought I would share

I had recently purchased a set of D'addario Chrome strings. After putting them on my guitar, I noticed that the 3rd and 4th strings did not feel smooth as I have come accustomed to, there was just too much of a wind left on them. Just to be sure the specs did not change, I emailed D'addario. They were in fact faulty and they are shipping me a new set of strings, with no questions asked.

This is fantastic customer service, a company that I will continue to support. [thumbup]

That is great. I've been using their strings for 27 years and it is good to hear that they have a good customer service. [thumbup]

..........and if only other companies could grasp the concept of good customer service = more sales....nice to hear some positive stories for a change..

ahhhhh.... it's too funny that i read your post and thought "pfffttt!! come to ontario, if you think you got it bad" then i looked at your location.

:lol:

Thought I would share

I recall a recent thread (not sure if here) about someone who was having an issue with a new set of D'addario's. He did the same, emailed them and they said basically, yeah, that was a bad batch, We'll send you some new ones asap.

Now stop and think about it. How much does it cost them to make a set of strings? Pennies I'd bet. But, they've bought a lot of customers for a long time based on that decision.

I used to work for a Fortune 500 retailer, famed for customer service, and our CEO had told people, "I don't care if the item has a competitor's name or tag on it. Take it as a return. You just bought a customer for life". Yesh, there are those who'd abuse that, but they're going to be out there anyway. Point is, you're going to gain a lot more than you're going to lose.

Disclaimer: I've been using D'addario's on my acoustics and acoustic/elecs for years. My electrics, not so much.

Top-knotch company in my opinion,

Only strings I use. Got the EXL115W with the wound G on my ES-175 and either the EXL110s or 115s on my telecasters.

I prefer the 11s and was thinking of puting the EXL115Ws on one of my Telecasters just to see how the wound G would be.

Drog,

Have always set my acoustics with D'addario.My Breedlove ships standard with them.Excellent wire."Customer service" as Dennis G stated,'customer for life"...

Electrics not so much..

X

Top-knotch company in my opinion,

Only strings I use. Got the EXL115W with the wound G on my ES-175 and either the EXL110s or 115s on my telecasters.

I prefer the 11s and was thinking of puting the EXL115Ws on one of my Telecasters just to see how the wound G would be.

I like D'Addarios. I was using those 11s on all my hollow/semi-hollows, and those 10s on all solid bodies, all wound Gs. Still use those 10s on my Tele, but switched to Thomastik-Infeld Swing (flat wounds) on all others.

Sweetwater is good about following up on orders. When I order guitar stuff, I order from Just Strings for strings and Sweetwater for everything else.

ahhhhh.... it's too funny that i read your post and thought "pfffttt!! come to ontario, if you think you got it bad" then i looked at your location.

:lol:

Lol...ya..I don't think customer service even exist here...especially net providers...bell, rogers....ugh

Had a similar situation with a set of Rotosound bass strings. They thanked me for making them aware of the problem & sent (IIRC) 3 fresh sets of strings for my 4001.

I've found most of the string & instrument companies believe in good customer service (some retailers...not so much). Most of them seem to be thankful that you're giving them an opportunity to correct the problem. They're not only keeping youas a customer, they're keeping you from spreading less than flattering press about them which potentially costs them customers.

And they count on folks like Drog to let other musicians know they had a good experience with them & their product.

Problem is, a lot of guys can't be bothered with a quick email or phone call...

Thought I would share

A couple of years ago I had an issue with D'Addario Nylon bass strings. I emailed them, explained the problem, just to let them know there was a production problem. The rep asked for scale measurements of the bass. Next thing he told me, he's sending me a new set of Nylon bass strings, no charge. I had no intentions of even thinking about asking for replacement strings from them. They sent a new set of strings right away. I use nothing but D'Addario Bass Strings, and they aren't cheap. But it's worth it, D'Addario backs their product. Made in the USA too. [thumbup]

Archived