Gibson Brands Forums

What is your NEXT Gibson Acoustic???

onewilyfool

LG-2 Legend....

if Gibson would be so kind to do a run of LG-2s with specs/appointments in a similar direction as the L-00 and J-45 Legend models....I'm in.

Feeling pretty content with what I have a the moment...but I would get out the wallet for an LG-2 Legend.

My next Gibson Acoustic (if I go for that) will be definitely a J45. I even have some ideas to sell my J35 and buy a J45.The problem here is that I don't sell guitars... I don't know how to sell guitars...And I have already upgraded my J35 and will not be able to get the real price about the upgrades...But one thing I am sure - I had to buy a J45 instead of a J35... Because this simply is a bettre guitar ( the J45).

Well now that I have my Hummingbird you would think that would be the last Gibson I'm interested in. But...the question was asked so I have to admit I think my next Gibson should either be a J-45 or a Sunburst J-200. Would anyone disagree either would be a great compliment to my Hummingbird???

Already am, but you have to look up - like your smiley - to where birds fly. . .

Traveled to St Paul Minnesota,USA today on my way thru to see some old friends, stopped in a noteworthy shop and played a rather pristine '64 'bird. Had the narrow neck, Lawdy what were they thinkin'. Gonna hold out for that next good H'Bird TV i find.

Well now that I have my Hummingbird you would think that would be the last Gibson I'm interested in. But...the question was asked so I have to admit I think my next Gibson should either be a J-45 or a Sunburst J-200. Would anyone disagree either would be a great compliment to my Hummingbird???

Have to agree with you here. I love my 'bird and if I can I'd like a complement to it too, either a J-45TV (or a regular because I've heard they can be outstanding) and a Sunburst J-200. My 'bird has forever prejudiced me against plain tops unless they are pumpkin tops.

I definitely wouldn't mind it if Gibson would reproduce the J45 Custom Vine:

(Thanks to JCV for tantalizing me with that one.)

I made a pilgrimage to a guitar store a few weeks ago--a reward for a doctor's appointment that finally resulted in a diagnosis after 56 years of searching.

For me it's a three-day trek and I haven't done it in about three years. Went to the Guitar Center in lovely [crying] Fresno, California. They had a nice selection of acoustics, three or four Gibsons, accompanied by a dolt who just had to use his cell phone in the acoustic room because it was quiet in there.

Unfortunately, it appeared to have been the morning they performed the yearly string change so everything sounded a bit twangy. The best of the bunch that day were a Gibson Songwriter and a Taylor 800 series. Everything else was a guitar.

Was very glad to get home, put a new set of DR Sunbeams on Stinky, and fall in love again with my 'bird.

FMA

Archived