Gibson Brands Forums

Adding to the family portrait.

NHTom

Day off today, and it was a nice day out for a change, so I decided I needed to add a couple to the family portrait of the Gibson side of the family.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Special and 1982 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

101_0349_zps9c3264fd.jpg

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem and 1985 Gibson Explorer Designer

101_0190_zps203745a6.jpg

One more on lay away and the gibby family will be complete for a while.....thinking some form of Tele next.

NHTom

It's actually this exact one...............

lpspecialltd_zps851a0bdb.jpg

It's a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro. I think they were a guitarcenter only run. 60's neck, 490R neck/HB3 bridge with push/pull volumes for coil split. Gloss nitro.

Really gassing to get this one home.

NHTom

Day off today, and it was a nice day out for a change, so I decided I needed to add a couple to the family portrait of the Gibson side of the family.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Special and 1982 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

101_0349_zps9c3264fd.jpg

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem and 1985 Gibson Explorer Designer

101_0190_zps203745a6.jpg

One more on lay away and the gibby family will be complete for a while.....thinking some form of Tele next.

NHTom

Sharp looking family

It's actually this exact one...............

lpspecialltd_zps851a0bdb.jpg

It's a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro. I think they were a guitarcenter only run. 60's neck, 490R neck/HB3 bridge with push/pull volumes for coil split. Gloss nitro.

Really gassing to get this one home.

NHTom

Still on layaway? Must be several weeks meanwhile if I remember well...

yeah.........this one is taking a while. Thankfully the shop I go to is very good to work with. Had a car repair come up that has delayed things by a few weeks.

Since I've been doing the "Put the next on layaway while there picking up the last one" they are ok with a little extra time.

NHTom

yeah.........this one is taking a while. Thankfully the shop I go to is very good to work with. Had a car repair come up that has delayed things by a few weeks.

Since I've been doing the "Put the next on layaway while there picking up the last one" they are ok with a little extra time.

NHTom

Oh, I know that. Unexpected trouble with the car or in the household sometimes foul up catching the really important things in life :rolleyes:

It's nice to find a dealer a customer can rely on. And I guess the dealer thinks the same way about customers [biggrin]

Dang NH Tom - is owning all those Gibsons causing you to need all those power line insulators to power up your increasingly larger brothel? [smile]

Nice guitars brother! [thumbup]

LOL..........the insulators are one of my wives many collectibles.......we've both got the collector bug.

NHTom

Very nice! :)

I am very envy about the Sonex... (a Norlin, my bad [drool])

Keep on collecting! :)

Cheers... Bence

I have to be honest......that is the surprise of the collection. I grabbed it because it was at my local shop for a very good price. I never leave my guitars out on stands, so figured I'd grab a "beater" to be able to leave it out and have one ready to play at a moments notice to get a little more practice time in.

It's a great guitar. Good feel (fairly unique neck feel, but in a good way), sounds very good, only draw back is it is quite heavy. I don't mind that, but noticeably heavier than my others.

I know some people get a bit "snooty" about it being a bolt on, but it is a very fun guitar that is built like a tank.

NHTom

...we've both got the collector bug......for me it's antique snowmobiles...

[scared]

And my wife thinks my guitars take up a lot of space!

I can't imagine how she'd react if I came home with one of those one day......

[lol]

P.

Collecting...

Interesting kind of insanity. I remember, from my early childhood: everything I liked, I`ve approached from a collector's point of view. First, I collected toy cars, then books, later even poststamps (I've some wonderful soviet-era stamps issued for Party Congresses :D). Now, instruments. I hope, I'll grow up one day.

Nobody in the family has this bug, - as it seems -, it isn't genetical...

Cheers... Bence

Yes, it's a disease........as a kid I did stamps and baseball cards.

I'm sure a psychologist could have a field day with me........

When I first got into guitar, it quickly led to working in a guitar shop, crewing for multiple bands, working for a sound and light company, etc.

When I got into bass fishing, it quickly led to full tournament trails, corporate sponsorship, working booths at outdoor shows, etc....

Vintage snowmobiles led to my own collection, being the administrator for a web site in the hobby, organizing shows within the hobby, etc.......

I'm now trying to find a good balance of all my hobbies.

To quote the band "The Last Vegas" and their song "Bad Descisions"........"anything I do I take too far"

Oh well........it's all fun!!!!

NHTom

Archived