Gibson Brands Forums

Adding to the family portrait.

NHTom

Day off today, and it was a nice day out for a change, so I decided I needed to add a couple to the family portrait of the Gibson side of the family.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Special and 1982 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

101_0349_zps9c3264fd.jpg

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem and 1985 Gibson Explorer Designer

101_0190_zps203745a6.jpg

One more on lay away and the gibby family will be complete for a while.....thinking some form of Tele next.

NHTom

It's actually this exact one...............

lpspecialltd_zps851a0bdb.jpg

It's a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro. I think they were a guitarcenter only run. 60's neck, 490R neck/HB3 bridge with push/pull volumes for coil split. Gloss nitro.

Really gassing to get this one home.

NHTom

Day off today, and it was a nice day out for a change, so I decided I needed to add a couple to the family portrait of the Gibson side of the family.

2001 Gibson Les Paul Special and 1982 Gibson Sonex 180 Deluxe

101_0349_zps9c3264fd.jpg

1997 Gibson Les Paul Studio Gem and 1985 Gibson Explorer Designer

101_0190_zps203745a6.jpg

One more on lay away and the gibby family will be complete for a while.....thinking some form of Tele next.

NHTom

Sharp looking family

It's actually this exact one...............

lpspecialltd_zps851a0bdb.jpg

It's a 2012 Gibson Les Paul Special Pro. I think they were a guitarcenter only run. 60's neck, 490R neck/HB3 bridge with push/pull volumes for coil split. Gloss nitro.

Really gassing to get this one home.

NHTom

Still on layaway? Must be several weeks meanwhile if I remember well...

yeah.........this one is taking a while. Thankfully the shop I go to is very good to work with. Had a car repair come up that has delayed things by a few weeks.

Since I've been doing the "Put the next on layaway while there picking up the last one" they are ok with a little extra time.

NHTom

yeah.........this one is taking a while. Thankfully the shop I go to is very good to work with. Had a car repair come up that has delayed things by a few weeks.

Since I've been doing the "Put the next on layaway while there picking up the last one" they are ok with a little extra time.

NHTom

Oh, I know that. Unexpected trouble with the car or in the household sometimes foul up catching the really important things in life :rolleyes:

It's nice to find a dealer a customer can rely on. And I guess the dealer thinks the same way about customers [biggrin]

Dang NH Tom - is owning all those Gibsons causing you to need all those power line insulators to power up your increasingly larger brothel? [smile]

Nice guitars brother! [thumbup]

LOL..........the insulators are one of my wives many collectibles.......we've both got the collector bug.

NHTom

Very nice! :)

I am very envy about the Sonex... (a Norlin, my bad [drool])

Keep on collecting! :)

Cheers... Bence

I have to be honest......that is the surprise of the collection. I grabbed it because it was at my local shop for a very good price. I never leave my guitars out on stands, so figured I'd grab a "beater" to be able to leave it out and have one ready to play at a moments notice to get a little more practice time in.

It's a great guitar. Good feel (fairly unique neck feel, but in a good way), sounds very good, only draw back is it is quite heavy. I don't mind that, but noticeably heavier than my others.

I know some people get a bit "snooty" about it being a bolt on, but it is a very fun guitar that is built like a tank.

NHTom

Yeah, those insulators were the first thing I noticed. [biggrin] Nice guitars too. [thumbup]

Yes, for me it's antique snowmobiles and guitars, for the wife it's insulators and soda pop bottles.....lol.

NHTom

LOL..........the insulators are one of my wives many collectibles.......we've both got the collector bug.

NHTom

I actually own 3 of those blue glass insulators too. And a bunch of Gibson guitars as well. My goodness - are we related???? [scared][biggrin]

...we've both got the collector bug......for me it's antique snowmobiles...

[scared]

And my wife thinks my guitars take up a lot of space!

I can't imagine how she'd react if I came home with one of those one day......

[lol]

P.

Collecting...

Interesting kind of insanity. I remember, from my early childhood: everything I liked, I`ve approached from a collector's point of view. First, I collected toy cars, then books, later even poststamps (I've some wonderful soviet-era stamps issued for Party Congresses :D). Now, instruments. I hope, I'll grow up one day.

Nobody in the family has this bug, - as it seems -, it isn't genetical...

Cheers... Bence

Yes, it's a disease........as a kid I did stamps and baseball cards.

I'm sure a psychologist could have a field day with me........

When I first got into guitar, it quickly led to working in a guitar shop, crewing for multiple bands, working for a sound and light company, etc.

When I got into bass fishing, it quickly led to full tournament trails, corporate sponsorship, working booths at outdoor shows, etc....

Vintage snowmobiles led to my own collection, being the administrator for a web site in the hobby, organizing shows within the hobby, etc.......

I'm now trying to find a good balance of all my hobbies.

To quote the band "The Last Vegas" and their song "Bad Descisions"........"anything I do I take too far"

Oh well........it's all fun!!!!

NHTom

Archived