Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Bob Riemenschneider, AKA "RAR"

guitarstrummer

What a shock and a loss. He was a very knowledgeable and sound forum member. I always enjoyed his posts. Rar was the first person to respond to my first post. I posted that I now have two 45s one vintage and one new. The vintage is a 1943 Colt. Send our regards if you can. I'll be praying for them. I recently lost two close friends. Both of them were shockers as well.

chasAK

Bob had a real love for and knowledge of Gibson guitars, new and old -- I typically deferred to him when it came to the 'nuts and bolts' of the trivia around Gibsons. He had attended (I think) every Homecoming from 2006 till now, so also had a very good working knowledge of what went into and was involved in the new Gibsons.

I remember him purchasing a lovely Custom J-200 during the first HC, and sensing his appreciation of that (three-piece back...?) guitar, and also his sharing of his own vintage instruments with all of us and with Ren at the factory. One of his banner J-45s was provided to John Thomas for inclusion in the "Light Still Shines" recording that accompanied the "Kalamazoo Gals" book that detailed the Banner Years Gibsons.

Bob will surely be missed; our thoughts and prayers are with Anne.

Fred

Yes, a very big shock. I appreciate your informing us, Mike.

Bob, was certainly on the mark in a post or reply.

Sad news, and a true loss to friends and family.

Steve

What ? This is terrible. And a difficult post for you to make, I am sure. Was he ill ? I always enjoyed and appreciated Bob's contributions to this forum.

It is easy to proclaim silly and trivial that "excruciating minutia of guitariana " when just stepping in from the harsh realities of life waiting just outside the digital box where all of us forum friends meet. Truth is, that is a major reason why many of us are here. That , and the fact that these guitars are one of the better ways we've found to help us briefly transcend this mortal coil, and to add some meaning to life until our spirits go to where Bob is now.

Pardon me for a while to observe some forum moments of silence for the passing of our friend.

Godspeed, Bob.

Sad news, genuinely great guy. With fondness I will remember him wheeling some of his treasures into the open-mic, song circles, on a modified luggage rack.. He was a treat to be around, and will be greatly missed by all. Sorry for your loss Anne..

I was lucky enough to know Bob and Anne and I will dearly miss him. I will miss our lunches and dinners at Teds but most of all I will miss the warm gentle nature of the man . God's speed Bob.

I'm going to drink some whiskey and play my 43-45 tonight. I'll play "Hesitation Blues" for my pal.

Awful news. I know that Bob and Anne had been working very long hours for the past two years to insure that their new business got off to a healthy start. Bob was one of the persons who seemed to keep this forum on an even keel, always enjoyed our chats.

RIP my friend. You will be missed.

Archived