Gibson Brands Forums

RIP Bob Riemenschneider, AKA "RAR"

guitarstrummer

Condolences to Bob's family and friends. I didn't know him personally, the way some of you do, but like many on this forum, I enjoyed reading his posts, and respected and admired his knowledge. The initials RAR were a seal of legitimacy. Rest easy, RAR.

Red 333

I want to thank every one for their kind words and thoughts. Bob was very involved with guitars, music, and especially Gibsons. And he loved nothing better than a good discussion (read argument) on this forum. His death was very sudden and unexpected. I want to urge every on of you to listen to your wife or significant other when they tell you you should maybe see the doctor. Seriously.

This is a YouTube video a friend took go us doing a Mississippi John Hurt song. It's not complete, but it will give you all, especially the people who never met him, what our life was like. Coincidently, we're playing our matching OJs. Bob got mine from Juan Carlos just so we could do this sort of thing. He never did anything just halfway.

http://youtu.be/Ve 90yfaHdw

I hope that works

Anne (amp

I want to thank every one for their kind words and thoughts. Bob was very involved with guitars, music, and especially Gibsons. And he loved nothing better than a good discussion (read argument) on this forum. His death was very sudden and unexpected. I want to urge every on of you to listen to your wife or significant other when they tell you you should maybe see the doctor. Seriously.

This is a YouTube video a friend took go us doing a Mississippi John Hurt song. It's not complete, but it will give you all, especially the people who never met him, what our life was like. Coincidently, we're playing our matching OJs. Bob got mine from Juan Carlos just so we could do this sort of thing. He never did anything just halfway.

http://youtu.be/Ve 90yfaHdw

I hope that works

Anne (amp

the video isn't working.

I'd love to see this , I hope you can fix it.

best wishes

OK. I couldn't get a link even with help, but if you search youtube warblers lambert malloy its the first thing that comes up. Lambert is the friend who took the video back in December or so. Also, he was playing around with editing and other toys and only has about half the song but it's enough to get the idea of Bob's playing.

Anne

Thank you all for the nice things you have to say about Bob. He was the best person I've ever known.

This is sad news - like everyone else, I valued Bob's measured and informed posts.

His was a strong clear voice on the forum.

I never had the privilege of meeting him personally, but we exchanged emails on Jorma's Gibsons and our visits to FPR - I always thought we'd meet up there someday... next time I go, I'll take a little of his spirit with me.

Sincere condolences from our family to you and yours, Anne.

Frank in Toronto

Condolences to Anne and everyone that Bob touched. Such a nice man, and for me,a big part of the 2 Homecoming events I attended. I believe I knew Bob a total of 5 minutes before he stuck his reissue Banner J-45 in my hands and had me a/b it with his original! Some years back, we bought guitars at the exact same time at the Villa (though I expect Bob bought one every year). I still remember being envious of the made-for-Japan SJ Bob snagged that year with the batwing pickguard and advanced bracing. What can I say, he definitely had a better ear than me and picked better. [biggrin] Also, once after I sang and played a song for our little ad hoc play circle, he told me, sincerely, that I sang it well....I did not sing it well. :)

What a nice man, he will be missed!

Archived