Gibson Brands Forums

New ACDC Album done and some news on Malcolm

Rabs

Man.. The FIRST ever AC/DC album without Malcolm (and I have ALL of them)... [unsure] But at least the rest of the guys are doing him proud.. I wish him the best, I really do.

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/ac-dc-share-new-album-details-malcolm-young-health-update-20140709

AC/DC Finish New Album, Detail Malcolm Young Health Update

Hard-rock legends AC/DC have officially finished recording their long-awaited new LP, their first since 2008's Black Ice. Frontman Brian Johnson revealed the good news in an interview with Classic Rock, saying the as-yet-untitled album was completed following a spree of intense studio sessions in Vancouver. "It was brilliant over there," Johnson said. "Were done. Im very excited, and weve got some great songs.

Despite the positivity surrounding the album, Johnson said the songs were "difficult" to record without founding rhythm guitarist Malcolm Young, who is taking time off from the band to recover from an illness. Stevie Young nephew of Malcolm and lead guitarist Angus Young filled in during the sessions.

"We miss Malcolm, obviously," Johnson said. "Hes a fighter. Hes in [the] hospital, but hes a fighter. Weve got our fingers crossed that hell get strong again. . . Stevie, Malcolms nephew, was magnificent, but when youre recording with this thing hanging over you and your work mate isnt well, its difficult...But Im sure he was rooting for us. Hes such a strong man. Hes a small guy, but hes very strong. Hes proud, and hes very private, so we cant say too much. But fingers crossed hell be back.

Though the band hasn't settled on an official title for the new LP (which is expected to be released in late 2014 or early next year), Johnson did offer one Malcolm-inspired contender. "I wanted to call the album Man Down." He says. "But its a bit negative, and it was probably just straight from the heart. I like that.

AC/DC have been making headlines all year. Back in April, Johnson insisted that band will not be breaking up, despite rumors to the contrary, and in a June news update on his car-racing website, he said the group was "very likely" to tour in 2014. In February, he even teased the possibility of a 40th anniversary tour.

"Its been 40 years of the bands existence," he said. "So I think were going to try to do 40 gigs, 40 shows, to thank the fans for their undying loyalty. I mean, honestly, our fans are just the best in the world, and we appreciate every one of them. So well have to go out, even though were getting a bit long in the tooth. You know what?! Its been four years [since we last went out on the road], and Im really looking forward to it."

Johnson elaborated on AC/DC's touring plans to Classic Rock, noting that they're preparing for a world tour, which could feature UK performances next summer at Wembley Stadium and Glasgow's Hampden Park.

Archived