Gibson Brands Forums

Blues Picking On My 1937 Gibson L-0

BluesKing777

I made a video of me playing my 1937 Gibson L-0 today to show what the fuss with this bit of old driftwood in the shape of a guitar is about!

I haven't made a video for years and now I remember why - video took a couple of minutes, broadband took about 6 hours to put it here - note the good excuse bandage on my left thumb:

Replace with the B&W version...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0CYWWuHHlok

BluesKing777.

love the guitar and the playing....I noticed the bridge is lifting a little on my LG-2! best get out out the araldite and g-clamps..

yea i like to see the videos of these old beasts in action...(not you BK the guitar i mean [biggrin]

Thanks FB!

What about some chewing gum for your lg2 bridge...leave it out in the sun for an hour...all fixed.....oh oh, I better have a closer look at my L-0 bridge, perhaps put the magnifying glass on it, or even, some reading glasses.

The frets are like little razors.

BluesKing777.

BK….you ARE the BK!! Love the sound of that "well amortized" L-0!!

Thanks Wily!

All things going well, a small bonus should land in my account Tuesday or Wednesday, hopefully not like Chevy Chase's in that Xmas movie!

The plan is to get the L-0 nice to play, though I haven't booked the guitar tech - he waved his magic wand over it for me after I bought it and somehow got it playable and now he can pull the neck off.......eeekkkkkkkk!

So I thought I had better get it on video in case he smashes it up.

BluesKing777.

Sounds Great, BK777. You play that L-0, just like you're a ringin a bell. [thumbup]

Thanks Doug!

My boss just pointed out that I am logo city in the video!

What she didn't notice was that the guitar doesn't have one.

An old friend would have been horrified - he wouldn't even wear a concert t-shirt with a band name. And I read a book where a grooves girl would even remove the jeans button with logo.

But my sponsors are welcome to send the ad fee to my guitar fund. I might get the logo re-painted when the neck is reset.

BluesKing777.

Archived