Gibson Brands Forums

David Gilmour Live at the Royal Albert Hall

Rabs

I wish I had 2 1/2 hours to kill; I watched the first ten minutes or so and that line-up looks fantastic!

Interesting to see Robert Wyatt there.

The Floyd and Wyatt go way back to at least the early '70s and probably before that (to his Soft Machine days, perhaps?).

Manzanera was in there, too.

Good stuff. I must try to find the extra 2:20 to see the rest!

Cheers, Rabs!

[thumbup]

P.

I wish I had 2 1/2 hours to kill; I watched the first ten minutes or so and that line-up looks fantastic!

Interesting to see Robert Wyatt there.

The Floyd and Wyatt go way back to at least the early '70s and probably before that (to his Soft Machine days, perhaps?).

Manzanera was in there, too.

Good stuff. I must try to find the extra 2:20 to see the rest!

Cheers, Rabs!

[thumbup]

P.

Yeah when I see these things on Youtube I feel compelled to share them.. Its so good how can I not ;)

This is one of my faves though.. again just the beginning bit totally mesmerises me.. hes just so amazing

I really like him on that old gold top.

From watching the interviews after Syd Barrett's passing he seems like a decent man, too.

Have you seen this... And yes, every interview ive seen with him (and that's probably most of them :)) hes always just down to earth and straight forward.. seems like a cool dude.

The truly Great always are. Only arseholes need to blow their own smoke. David's always been such a surrealistic player, his noises mean more than other players' phrases. The God of timing and expression. Have you ever heard his contribution to Warren Zevon's ' Run Straight Down'?

Zactly what I'm talk in' 'bout!

Archived