Gibson Brands Forums

Favorite Zep Photo

Stu-bud

I had long heard about Zeppelin playing at Greenlake Park, in Seattle, back in '69 or so. It wasn't until the advent of the internet, and then some years later, that this photo emerged. It's going to be 90 or so here today, and Greenlake looks pretty much the same as it did then.

LedZepGreenlake_zpsd8ef87f9.jpg

Another Jimmy photo. This one is hanging in my music room. I bought a guitar from the photographer in 2010 and he included this with the guitar, from late 70's. I think it was in Philadelphia. Apparently Jimmy had a bad cold. He's kissing his double neck as if to say: "You sweetie were heavy tonight, but worth it"

IMG_2224_zps21f929d4.jpg

In the 70's you had to get special rock and roll permission to NOT have your shirt unbuttoned showing your chest. Bonham and Page were granted such permisson on that day. Is something eating Plants pants?

Haha, FZ Fan.

Here's another I recently "discovered". Currently my desktop picture on my Mac at work...

c82b77227466395453187b0640babdbeeaf13cc4.jpg

Here is one of Percy being shocked at seeing Jimmy playing a Fender.

led-zeppelin-young-days-1968-600x371.jpg

You know that Jimmy used that fender telecaster to record all of the first album. It was after that Joe Walsh sold him his '59 LP.

Another Jimmy photo. This one is hanging in my music room. I bought a guitar from the photographer in 2010 and he included this with the guitar, from late 70's. I think it was in Philadelphia. Apparently Jimmy had a bad cold. He's kissing his double neck as if to say: "You sweetie were heavy tonight, but worth it"

IMG_2224_zps21f929d4.jpg

Based on the his shirt, haircut & the fullness of his face, it looks to be during his days with The Firm. Lower right corner of the photo says "1985 Live Aid," so it's roughly in that time-frame.

What? Crazy talk! :rolleyes:

Thazz right! Speaking of crazy, later on, in the early 70's, a roadie thought he'd give Jimmy a present, so he repainted the telecaster. Years before, Jimmy had removed its finish, and painted it himself (lots of pics of him with it in Yardbirds shows). The new paint ruined the guitar. Jimmy said it completely changed the sound. So, he removed the neck, and put it on that black telecaster that you see him with during mid 1980's shows with the Firm and elsewhere. Anyway, that's what I read somewhere long ago.

... and of course we all know it was the Telecaster that gave us the "Stairway" solo.

I know this is a "Led Zeppelin" picture thread, but it seems all we're doing is posting pics of Pagey!..... :unsure:

I saw this pic in a Led Zep book I bought when I was in high school, and I instantly wanted one of these "black guitars with the swirly white pick guard"! I never did get a Dano... but I've got my eye on the 12-string model of this guitar. With my company discount, I can have one for a steal...

j_page_w_dano_2.jpg

What? Crazy talk! :rolleyes:

[lol]

You're a funny guy, Surf!

I think I heard and correct me if I am wrong, but he recorded the Stairway solo on a Tele.

You might even have 'heard' that in the previous post...

[wink]

P.

I know this is a "Led Zeppelin" picture thread, but it seems all we're doing is posting pics of Pagey!..... :unsure:

Probably cos this is a guitar forum.. Who else would it be ;)

(even though they were all very talented)

Ohhhh, I dunno…. maybe this guy? :-k

;)

Haha... yeah, hes arguably one of the most talented of all of them.. BUT when it comes to Zepp Page played the solos we loved.. :)

and heres the video to go with that pic

Haha... yeah, hes arguably one of the most talented of all of them.. BUT when it comes to Zepp Page played the solos we loved.. :)

and heres the video to go with that pic

Indeed, Rabs! I was just being a wise-***… as I am known to be from time to time. :P

Truth be told… there are a lot of great shots of the entire band or two-three members of the band. My next post will attempt to be all-inclusive.

Archived