Gibson Brands Forums

After a few days with this travel guitar I can say...

daveinspain

It ROCKS…!!! Great little guitar. Full size neck, very similar to a Les Paul, great action very comfortable to play… Pull out the Pignose knob and you can play through it's built in amp and speaker. Don't pull out the knob and plug in a 1/4 inch jack and into an external amp and use it as a regular guitar. Only drawback is no tone control. That's more evident when using the internal amp and speaker, sounds a little tinny. Exception quality build. Very impressed...

IMG_4484_zps59e21028.jpg

IMG_4482_zps433fa954.jpg

IMG_4485_zpsaa75b432.jpg

IMG_4489_zps430e0df2.jpg

Cool... you see no one believes me when I say its a decent guitar... Ive posted my one before and no one was interested.

I keep mine next to where I sit and will pick it up while watching tv or something like that. They are perfect for just mucking around on or traveling.

It ROCKS…!!! Great little guitar. Full size neck, very similar to a Les Paul, great action very comfortable to play… Pull out the Pignose knob and you can play through it's built in amp and speaker. Don't pull out the knob and plug in a 1/4 inch jack and into an external amp and use it as a regular guitar. Only drawback is no tone control. That's more evident when using the internal amp and speaker, sounds a little tinny. Exception quality build. Very impressed...

Never seen one in person, let alone listened to one, but I guess I will have to change that soon.

Cool... you see no one believes me when I say its a decent guitar... Ive posted my one before and no one was interested.

I keep mine next to where I sit and will pick it up while watching tv or something like that. They are perfect for just mucking around on or traveling.

Are you talking about the topic linked below?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/95391-my-pignose-guitar-came-back-after-3-years-away/

Never seen one in person, let alone listened to one, but I guess I will have to change that soon.

Are you talking about the topic linked below?

http://forum.gibson.com/index.php?/topic/95391-my-pignose-guitar-came-back-after-3-years-away/

Lol that was probably one of them.. I think I posted it before that too and got a similarly quite response :)

And here check this

Dave, what is the length of that guitar?

How is re flying and hand luggage rules in Europe?

I ask because I have a "Flight" travel guitar which folds and is a headless design with tuners at the rear which I find a devil to use just because it is all the "wrong way round". At least that guitar has it the "right way round".

Dave, what is the length of that guitar?

How is re flying and hand luggage rules in Europe?

I ask because I have a "Flight" travel guitar which folds and is a headless design with tuners at the rear which I find a devil to use just because it is all the "wrong way round". At least that guitar has it the "right way round".

Its this big :)

DSC_0153_zpsdbab4ae1.jpg

IMG_4484_zps59e21028.jpg

IMG_4482_zps433fa954.jpg

IMG_4485_zpsaa75b432.jpg

IMG_4489_zps430e0df2.jpg

Dave, thats a really beautiful guitar, travel or otherwise! I got gas already looking at it. The price is right at only 300 too. Coolest practice git eva, does it take batteries? If you could rock it by the campfire that would be the bomb.

Dave, thats a really beautiful guitar, travel or otherwise! I got gas already looking at it. The price is right at only 300 too. Coolest practice git eva, does it take batteries? If you could rock it by the campfire that would be the bomb.

Yup... 9v square battery... and it lasts ages...

AND even cooler, when the battery does start to die you get the most awesome fuzz sound from it :)

Archived