Gibson Brands Forums

Fever Shot Up- New Rock!

Lu Ruello

Are you really sure this is new???

This sounds like 80's stuff to me!

http://www.reverbnation.com/dropsoflight/song/19349468-never-knew-the-way

It doesn't sound new at all...

Is it retro? The outfits in the picture on the Reverb Nation page look like an older photo from back in the day too...

They could be retro I guess... The synth definitely sounds 80's!

Hey, if they're havin' fun and makin' a go of it, good on 'em...

Are you really sure this is new???

This sounds like 80's stuff to me!

http://www.reverbnat...er-knew-the-way

It doesn't sound new at all...

Is it retro? The outfits in the picture on the Reverb Nation page look like an older photo from back in the day too...

They could be retro I guess... The synth definitely sounds 80's!

Hey, if they're havin' fun and makin' a go of it, good on 'em...

That song link you put up is for a song DOL released in 1989. The song I posted, Fever Shot Up is a BRAND NEW SONG! Our RN site has a mix of older and newer songs, I hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers! Lu )

That song link you put up is for a song DOL released in 1989. The song I posted, Fever Shot Up is a BRAND NEW SONG! Our RN site has a mix of older and newer songs, I hope this clears things up for you.

Cheers! Lu )

Yup it does... Thanks!

What I noticed is alot of very well rehearsed numbers for a band that has a well regulated and orchestrated show to put on...

Not to be confused with tight and polished... But that kind of edge is what makes it real to many! They know their stuff, but let the chips fall where they may...

Nuthin' wrong with that and it's what probably makes them a successful live act that gets regular bookings. They don't have a lack of original material and their stuff sounds enough like classic 80's pop and rock to pass off as a classic act from the day for those looking for a cover band...

Not my thing, but a bunch of musicians and music makers that are livin' the dream!

I'm a Blues guy so they don't really appeal to me in general, but they are out there doin' their thing...

Can't shake a stick at that!

Good on 'em.

Yup it does... Thanks!

What I noticed is alot of very well rehearsed numbers for a band that has a well regulated and orchestrated show to put on...

Not to be confused with tight and polished... But that kind of edge is what makes it real to many! They know there stuff, but let the chips fall where they may...

Nuthin' wrong with that and it's what probably makes them a successful live act that gets regular bookings. They don't have a lack of original material and their stuff sounds enough like classic 80's pop and rock to pass off as a classic act from the day for those looking for a cover band...

Not my thing, but a bunch of musicians and music makers that are livin' the dream!

I'm a Blues guy so they don't really appeal to me in general, but they are out there doin' their thing...

Can't shake a stick at that!

Good on 'em.

Thanks for your comments Jimi. I recall reading about Keith Richard's view of how The Stones played and he said at times it sounded like the groove was gonna fall apart but it didn't and that's what made them special.

My bro and I are gonna practice up our best rock tunes for live work now. We will need a bass player and drummer in Sydney, Australia. Any takers? :)

Cheers! Lu :)

Archived