Gibson Brands Forums

My musical soul mate is seriously ill

RobertAndersson

07a030352994d23cd2c01328d8cc2de0_zps9505ea31.jpg

I have played in bands with my dear friend and musical soul mate Kent Norberg for more than 23 years. Today, I have received the sad news that he has got seriously ill with suspected cancer.

Please consider helping me to honor him by listening to one of his songs:

If you like it, most of his other songs can be found on http://open.spotify....tPRplora7BLsAO1 or any other streaming sites (search for Blue Rain).

Thank you.

//Robert

That was sad news, hope Kent will recover as soon as possible, i can just imagine how it feels to receive such bad news!

I´ve checked that song before, i don´t know from where i got it, maybe from some Swedish site, anyway, it´s a really nice song and guitarplaying!

Fan vad tråkigt!

//Holmis

That was sad news, hope Kent will recover as soon as possible, i can just imagine how it feels to receive such bad news!

I´ve checked that song before, i don´t know from where i got it, maybe from some Swedish site, anyway, it´s a really nice song and guitarplaying!

Fan vad tråkigt!

//Holmis

Thank you Holmis.Great to hear that you like the song and that you actually heard it before!. Kent has written more than 70 songs over the years. This one is my favourite. Kent plays the intro and sings, my main contribution is the end solo.

//Robert

Thank you Holmis.Great to hear that you like the song and that you actually heard it before!. Kent has written more than 70 songs over the years. This one is my favourite. Kent plays the intro and sings, my main contribution is the end solo.

//Robert

Maybe it was at Bojen i found it?

As i remember it, it was a few more songs i listened to, or deep in my memory something tells me that it was in connection to cars, or some other hobby you exert?

And you´r contribution is really nice i would say!

once again, i wish Kent a quick recovery!

Damn!

Sorry to hear this news regarding your good friend.

I'll check out the links, Kent will be in my prayers

Sorry to hear the dreadful news which this disease brings..

A survivor here..

Everyone focus positive vibes towards your fellowmate.

Remain strong with all the BEST to Him.

In my prayers for a speedy recovery. [thumbup]

X

Sorry to hear the news about your friend. Please let him know he's in my prayers and keeping a good, positive attitude is crucial.

I was diagnosed a week before Christmas 2012. Yes, it's terrifying to hear. Been through surgery, 3 rounds of radiation (unfortunately, it metastasized...first into a rib, then into the hip socket) and just found that my PSA levels went up 135% between May 8 & June 9. Had a CT scan last week & they found a small node in the lower lobe of my left lung. Not conclusively sure what it is, so I have a PET scan next Monday & I may be looking at traditional chemotherapy if the modified regimen I'm taking at home doesn't prove to have it under control by the end of the month.

Yeah, it's the pits of Hell hearing this stuff, and yeah, I get down about it sometimes, but you CAN NOT GIVE UP. I refuse to let it define me. However it all eventually plays out, everyone around me will know there's been one helluva fight.

There are too many advances being made on the medical front, and too frequently to give in to it.

Whether it's spirituality/religion or formal support groups, he doesn't have to face it alone.

Trust me, there's nothing exceptional about me, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't afraid, but if I can fight back, anyone can.

Wishing you & your buddy all the best,

Don

Sorry to hear the dreadful news which this disease brings..

A survivor here..

Everyone focus positive vibes towards your fellowmate.

Remain strong with all the BEST to Him.

In my prayers for a speedy recovery. [thumbup]

X

X, thank you for your support!

//Robert

Sorry to hear the bad new of your friend. Hopefully he makes a recovery and you can continue making great music with him.

I checked out the song and it's really good. Best wishes.

Saturn, thank you for your support and the nice words about the song.

//Robert

Sorry to hear the news about your friend. Please let him know he's in my prayers and keeping a good, positive attitude is crucial.

I was diagnosed a week before Christmas 2012. Yes, it's terrifying to hear. Been through surgery, 3 rounds of radiation (unfortunately, it metastasized...first into a rib, then into the hip socket) and just found that my PSA levels went up 135% between May 8 & June 9. Had a CT scan last week & they found a small node in the lower lobe of my left lung. Not conclusively sure what it is, so I have a PET scan next Monday & I may be looking at traditional chemotherapy if the modified regimen I'm taking at home doesn't prove to have it under control by the end of the month.

Yeah, it's the pits of Hell hearing this stuff, and yeah, I get down about it sometimes, but you CAN NOT GIVE UP. I refuse to let it define me. However it all eventually plays out, everyone around me will know there's been one helluva fight.

There are too many advances being made on the medical front, and too frequently to give in to it.

Whether it's spirituality/religion or formal support groups, he doesn't have to face it alone.

Trust me, there's nothing exceptional about me, and I'd be lying if I told you I wasn't afraid, but if I can fight back, anyone can.

Wishing you & your buddy all the best,

Don

Don, your story is strong and I thank you very much for sharing it with us. Keep on fighting!I will pass your message on to Kent.

//Robert

just got a chance to listen to the song.

Like it.. I love the Trower influence I'm hearing... SWEET!

Thank you, Kent will be delighted to hear your nice words.

As a guitarist, Kent is full of Keith Richards, he knows all the licks and could stand-in for him any time. His own songs though, can sound like anything from folk/country to heavy blues rock. For this song, he wanted something like an early 70's heavy metal kind of sound and I think we got pretty close.

//Robert

Sorry to hear the terrible news about Kent, Robert.

As others have said medical advances are being discovered and improved every day so let us all hope for the very best.

Nice song, I'll check out the rest of 'Long Hot Summer' as I work on.

Best wishes to all his friends and family.

P.

Sorry to hear the terrible news about Kent, Robert.

As others have said medical advances are being discovered and improved every day so let us all hope for the very best.

Nice song, I'll check out the rest of 'Long Hot Summer' as I work on.

Best wishes to all his friends and family.

P.

Thanks P. It is a struggle between hope and anxiety.

The five-track EP "Long Hot Summer" was a local success back in 2000. The titel track smells like Irish folk music, and because of that we became known as the Irish band. Kent wrote an extremely difficult intro to that song, I have never been able to copy it.

//Robert

• 2 months later...

Archived